I've still got three issues - not major and nothing that I can't live with but I figured I'd bring them up.
1) Every so often, MediaMonkey crashes when I add or remove the device while MM is running - or if I shut down MM with the device attached, and restart it with the device unattached. I can repeat these again and again.
2) I show two iPhone devices - one that says it's compatible and the other which is not - possibly this is for 2.0/3.0 backwards compatibility - not certain - both can read tracks but only one can update.
3) If I remove a track from the device which I've already sync'd - my tracks disappear from the device, but MM and iTunes still shows them. After successful sync with iTunes, without syncing music, tones, etc. The library updates again and the tracks re-appear.
Just wanted to chime in and make notes.
Thanks for everything - so GLAD to be using MM again to manage my tunes - now just need 150GB iPhone so I can upload my entire MP3 library...