Creative Zen 32gb Auto-Sync Problems

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bainsley

Creative Zen 32gb Auto-Sync Problems

Post by bainsley » Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 am

I've looked around this forum to see if this issue has been addressed before and seen some topics that were similar but not exactly the problem I run into auto-syncing my Creative Zen 32gb.

If I use MM to auto-sync to my freshly formated Zen I rarely have any issues. However, if I'm auto-syncing library changes I often will get a message that songs on my Zen need to be deleted even though they are still in the MM library. The odd thing about the songs it says need to be deleted is that the song titles and artist names don't match. For example, it will give, say, a Beatles song title but indicate that it's in a Bruce Springsteen directory on the Zen. I've tried allowing the songs to be deleted but then end up with duplicates of the songs. I will also often end up with duplicates of songs on the Zen after auto-syncing even if I get no message that anything needs to be deleted. The only solution I've found to these problems is to format the Zen and then re-sync.

Any idea if there's a solution to these issues?

Thanks.

nynaevelan

Re: Creative Zen 32gb Auto-Sync Problems

Post by nynaevelan » Tue May 19, 2009 1:46 pm

I am experiencing this problem and others as discussed here and the problems are getting worse. I am using a 3.1 beta so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it but I am no longer willing to let MM sync my player. I am moving the syncing of my player to Winamp. And while it will be very inconvenient to have to export my library via an xml file in order to import it into Winamp to keep my playlists and playcounts intact, I would rather do that than to either have to format my player whenever I want to sync or to keep syncing it for three or four times to get a successful sync. Option 1 is not viable for me because I also have pictures and videos on my player, and Option 2 is not viable because I do not want to damage my player by doing this. Unfortunately since the 3.0 and 3.1 databases are not compatible I cannot use an older version of MM which used to sync better than this version. So off to Winamp I go.

Sorry to have hi-jinked your post, but it seems the issue cannot be "reproduced" so therefore it is not being addressed. BTW, do you have the regular Zen or the X-Fi version.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

chrisjj

Post by chrisjj » Tue May 26, 2009 8:01 am

> I often will get a message that songs on my Zen need to be deleted even though they are still in the MM library.

I have experienced this (on two ZEN 8Gb) though fortunately not recently.

> The odd thing about the songs it says need to be deleted is that the song titles and artist names don't match.
> For example, it will give, say, a Beatles song title but indicate that it's in a Bruce Springsteen directory on the Zen.

What is your Sync device to: ?

> I will also often end up with duplicates of songs on the Zen after auto-syncing

I sometimes end up with more tracks on ZEN than on auto-sync list but cannot say whether these are duplicates.
Chris

Zeke129

Post by Zeke129 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:28 am

I had similar problems with my 8GB Zen, but they seemed to taper off. I honestly cannot say what I began doing differently, if anything at all. Sometimes ratings don't sync, but the problems you described have all but dried up. I'm using the latest version of the beta.

How common are these problems? I was planning on upgrading to a Zen X-Fi 32GB, but I don't know now.