Cut off Lyrics with MediaMonkdy Upgrade

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

GigaGreenGadget

Cut off Lyrics with MediaMonkdy Upgrade

Post by GigaGreenGadget »

Since upgrading to MediaMonkey 3.2.1924, I have noticed that all of the lyrics to my .MP3 files are shortened to 1 page on my iPod, and I can't scroll down to view the rest. A "..." is placed instead of the remaining lyrics. Prior to this, syncing lyrics to my iPod worked fine.

I checked my music directory, and all of the lyric .txt files are unmodified and are complete. The process is occurring in the program.

How do I fix this to view the full lyrics? I am syncing to an iPod Video 5th generation, using the newest iTunes and Windows 7 x64.
nohitter151

Re: Cut off Lyrics with MediaMonkdy Upgrade

Post by nohitter151 »

Check the track properties in MM. Are the lyrics cut off there?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GigaGreenGadget

Post by GigaGreenGadget »

When I look at them in my library, they aren't. When I look for them on my iPod, they aren't even there.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

GigaGreenGadget wrote:When I look at them in my library, they aren't. When I look for them on my iPod, they aren't even there.
I meant in your library.

Probably the issue will fix itself if you just clear the iPod of all tracks and resync.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GigaGreenGad

Post by GigaGreenGad »

Nope. That didn't worked. Tried that 3 times.
_dodger_

Post by _dodger_ »

Same thing happens for me.

I too cleared the iPod and synced everything. Didn't help.
Ta Lun

Post by Ta Lun »

Ok its a old Thread but I got this Error too.

I Use the lates Stable Version of MM but I had it with a prev 4.x Version too.
I Use a Iphone 4S with IOS 6.1.2

I can´t see any kinde of logic. Sometimes I can scroll then its cutted sometimes its after 3 lines.
I´m alone or did somebody the same error?
Ta Lun

Post by Ta Lun »

hm...nobody with the same Error?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have the same problem and it is discussed here. So far, noone has come up with a solution for us.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... pod+lyrics
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm not being able to replicate on touch 4G 6.1.2
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm syncing to a two year old 160g classic. I'm waiting for the release of MM 4.1 to see of the issue is fixed. Running 4.0 something now.
Ulfkk

Re: Cut off Lyrics with MediaMonky Upgrade

Post by Ulfkk »

Hello, unfortunately I have the same problem on my iPod Touch 5g no longer be correctly synchronized the lyrics, even though they are fully displayed in the file properties recently. It affects not all songs, but several songs (about 10,000 files from my synchronized are affected min.70%), are shown on the iPod just yet shortened and from the 3-7 line with ... completed. In addition, corrected texts by me are not copied correctly from my iPod , but it still shows the old faulty (and not existing) texts. What can I do to make fully display the text back to the iPod? And how corrections can be taken from iPod? I have several times completely emptied the iPod and copied all the songs again, but this has not led to any changes. I only use MediaMonkey for synchronization and do not use iTunes for my music. Thank you for your help in advance! Greetings Ulf
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ulfkk wrote:Hello, unfortunately I have the same problem on my iPod Touch 5g no longer be correctly synchronized the lyrics
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10&t=73303
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Wow...and here I thought this was just me. I normally don't check the lyrics on my iPod unless I'm on a flight for business purposes. I've often run into this cut off lyrics where some were cut and others were ok. Usually, when I get back home I check my library for the songs that I remember and those are ok. So yeah, it seems to be some kind of syncing issue with the iPod. iPod Classic at least.

I've got an iPod Classic 120GB and 160GB and experienced it on both. I'm currently re-syncing my entire library on my 160GB, but this time I'm syncing using the iTunes like file naming. See here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=73285

I'll let you know if I see it this time around.