Compilations and album art

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Digitaldave

Compilations and album art

Post by Digitaldave » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm relitively new to Media Monkey and so far so good however I was wondering if there was a way to have a compilation album of different artists each have their own album art? For example The Big Chill has multiple artists on one cd and it would be nice to have each artists album covers show on my ipod, as it does on my computer, but still stay as a compilation.
I have tried everything even to the point of embedding the art work into the file and not syncing the actual folder.jpg to the ipod however each song plays showing only the first songs art.

Anyway any help or explination would be great.

nohitter151

Re: Compilations and album art

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Nope, this is due to the way the iPod holds album art. The first art on the first track is the one shown for all tracks of the album. MM can't modify it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Re: Compilations and album art

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:26 am

nohitter151 wrote:Nope, this is due to the way the iPod holds album art. The first art on the first track is the one shown for all tracks of the album. MM can't modify it.
Thanks for the info. That answers my question. Too bad but not the end of the world