IOS 5 and MM sync

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Music Diva
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Music Diva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

It's already been half a year of waiting!!! :x
And barely any updates. Please stop stringing us along, are you going to support iOS or not? If not, just say so!! :evil:

tzrider
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by tzrider » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

dkstott wrote:the plug-in is nice, but I have 40 gig of music and do not have spare hard drive space to utilize it...
I can't even get the plug-in to work with a large library. It just gets to a certain point and accumulates temp files while timing out on all of them. The major reason I have MM has gone out the window.

theta_wave
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:54 am

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by theta_wave » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

tzrider wrote:
dkstott wrote:the plug-in is nice, but I have 40 gig of music and do not have spare hard drive space to utilize it...
I can't even get the plug-in to work with a large library. It just gets to a certain point and accumulates temp files while timing out on all of them. The major reason I have MM has gone out the window.
Thanks for this piece of news, as my 60gig ipod touch is almost full. I wondered how the plugin scaled to Apple equipment having larger capacities considering the number of FLACs I have to transcode on the fly to my ipod.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin

trelain
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by trelain » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:33 am

Music Diva wrote:It's already been half a year of waiting!!! :x
And barely any updates. Please stop stringing us along, are you going to support iOS or not? If not, just say so!! :evil:
Agreed!! What's the latest status and/or technical roadblock?

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am

Hi guys,

I've gotten in contact with Ludek, one of the MM devs working on iOS5 compatibility. Here's the latest update he gave me:
Ludek wrote:I am intensivelly working on iOS5 last week (based on Jiri's and Isram's work) and basically it works. We can sync the tracks, playlists and metadata to the device, the tracks play, but currently I solve serious problems with artwork syncing. I am disassembling iTunes and I don't know if I will be able to figure it out. If all goes wrong then I am waiting until Jiri is back from vacation to help me (he is in contact with another guy that helped us a lot with iOS5).

Hard to say, but if all goes well then it could be in 4.0.5, but so far there are still some unresolved problems.


Ludek.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Ludek
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 am

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Ludek » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

Hi, we are still intensivelly working on iOS5 support, basically it works, but there are still some unresolved problems (with artwork syncing). If all goes well then we will support iOS5 very soon.

icepik43
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:26 am

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by icepik43 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

I would like to be able to do something with MM (don't really care about artwork part). I prefer MM over iTunes to make playlists and manage my MP3. How about a beta or something with the partial working IOS5 build? That would help out the frustrated users somewhat. :wink:

trelain
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by trelain » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 am

nohitter151 wrote:Hi guys,

I've gotten in contact with Ludek, one of the MM devs working on iOS5 compatibility. Here's the latest update he gave me:
Ludek wrote:I am intensivelly working on iOS5 last week (based on Jiri's and Isram's work) and basically it works. We can sync the tracks, playlists and metadata to the device, the tracks play, but currently I solve serious problems with artwork syncing. I am disassembling iTunes and I don't know if I will be able to figure it out. If all goes wrong then I am waiting until Jiri is back from vacation to help me (he is in contact with another guy that helped us a lot with iOS5).

Hard to say, but if all goes well then it could be in 4.0.5, but so far there are still some unresolved problems.


Ludek.
Ludek, I have made my living as an Assembler programmer for 14 years now, but I work on IBM zOS mainframe assembler. This could be over my head, but if you have some disassembled code that is causing confusion I could give it a shot to try to interpret parts of it if that could help...

dnlusa
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:14 am

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by dnlusa » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Ludek wrote:Hi, we are still intensivelly working on iOS5 support, basically it works, but there are still some unresolved problems (with artwork syncing). If all goes well then we will support iOS5 very soon.
That is soo good news!. I am ready for a beta even with no artwork syncing!

dnl

Music Diva
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Music Diva » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

I don't care as much about artwork either, I need music and playlist organization more!! Half the time, I'm not even looking at my phone! Artwork sync is a nice touch, but right now, due to the long wait, it's the meat and potatoes that count.

bremble
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:23 am

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by bremble » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:59 am

I agree with the above - syncing artwork is nice/secondary. I would be happy to do beta testing knowing that the artwork may be a problem (I would note my experience) as well as make sure the other parts of the sync are working as designed.

Jeffreybouva

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Jeffreybouva » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Great guys, that you are working on this !!

dkstott
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by dkstott » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 pm

They have been working on it for 6 months now. Don't get your hopes up. V

huge
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by huge » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 am

I second (or 3rd or 4th) the idea that a beta with working sync would be great, even if artwork chokes.

Jonny2012

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Jonny2012 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 am

Another vote for an artless beta!

Post Reply