IOS 5 and MM sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by jiri »

It seems that we are much closer now, probably just 1-2 weeks to the first (pre-)release.

Jiri
vellofire

Post by vellofire »

I just wanted to say, MM developers rock! I would never have the time nor the patience to get around all the controls larger companies impose on their customers.
Duncanc

Update on timeline of iOS5 compatibilty?

Post by Duncanc »

Any idea how long before native sync is working again?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
ShireDave

Post by ShireDave »

I'm so excited by this. I've just upgraded to iOS5 and lost all my music from the phone, Haven't got the time to let iTunes load the whole library and use it to transfer music (which is what brought me to the wonders of MM in the first place).

Until iOS 5 has full support, I'm not sure how the d_itunes4.dll download actually works. Anyone got a link to a good guide?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Read the first post where it states there is a manual in the install folder to guide you through.
pfmac

Post by pfmac »

Having avoided iTunes for a long time, I became a big fan of MediaMonkey, and got really disappointed when I learned that it wasn't compatible with iOS5... Then I found this board and got my hopes up again!
So I'm also eagerly waiting on an update ... I guess I'll stick to the music I have in my iThing now until it comes!
colin_e

Post by colin_e »

It sounds as if the sensible thing for Ventis to do is pick up the phone and talk to the developers of CopyTrans and see if they can license the code that communicates with the iOS device (assuming the code isn't open sourse of course). If Copytrans works, it clearly CAN be done, so why spend weeks/months reinventing that wheel?

Regards: Colin_e
Regards: Colin
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

colin_e wrote:It sounds as if the sensible thing for Ventis to do is pick up the phone and talk to the developers of CopyTrans and see if they can license the code that communicates with the iOS device (assuming the code isn't open sourse of course). If Copytrans works, it clearly CAN be done, so why spend weeks/months reinventing that wheel?

Regards: Colin_e
Probably they are not willing to share that information.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RonSeewald

Post by RonSeewald »

Add my name to the list of those waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I upgraded to MM 4.X and started having issues with other devices. Apparently it was released before it was ready.
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

I really can't fathom something out here.

Apple owners knew they were buying into a closed ecosystem, that's locked into Apple's proprietary formats (Quicktime), and management software (iTunes).

Why should you expect to be able to use something else with your Apple product, that's against Apple's wishes? Clearly Apple are the ones that are making it tricky for anything that's not iTunes to talk to their products, yet you continue to support those practices...

Post by Guest »

mgillespie wrote:Why should you expect to be able to use something else with your Apple product, that's against Apple's wishes? Clearly Apple are the ones that are making it tricky for anything that's not iTunes to talk to their products, yet you continue to support those practices...
There are a ton of reason's to buy an apple device despite their restrictive controls. For several years the iPhone was -way- ahead of the competition 's both hardware and software.

For me I bought my iPhone -because- of MediaMonkey. We all know iTunes sucks... that's why we're here. If there is a reasonably easy method to avoid Apple's silly policies and still get all the benefits out of the best piece device on the market... why wouldn't you buy one?

It appears as if there are several similar competitors now... but there haven't been until recently.

Chalk me up as another person eagerly awaiting iOS 5 support in MM so I can check it out and play around with the new features.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

jiri wrote:It seems that we are much closer now, probably just 1-2 weeks to the first (pre-)release.

Jiri

That was over two weeks ago. I know the developers must be working hard but do we have any further updates?
jiri

Post by jiri »

We have the basics of sync working, but there are yet some problems in getting it all working well together, so some more time is needed (hard to guess how much, hopefully just few more days).

Jiri
pfmac

Post by pfmac »

jiri wrote:We have the basics of sync working, but there are yet some problems in getting it all working well together, so some more time is needed (hard to guess how much, hopefully just few more days).

Jiri
That's good news! Carry on and please keep us updated!
Jonny2012

Post by Jonny2012 »

jiri wrote:We have the basics of sync working, but there are yet some problems in getting it all working well together, so some more time is needed (hard to guess how much, hopefully just few more days).

Jiri
Thanks for the update. It is appreciated!