IOS 5 and MM sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MyCsPiTTa

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Kos wrote:Thanks Jiri! :D And Lowlander - I get your logic but radio silence is seldom a wise strategy. It's ok to remind the customers, the fans, there is no good news.

/kos
Exactly. That was the only reason I posted in the first place. Bad news is better than no news (hmm, that doesn't sound right).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

hmmmm, No News = Bad News , Bad News > No News
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Kos - I hope you meant to say "...no good news yet" :D

I have faith in MM's developers and wish to say f*%k Apple because while I gladly bought their outstanding device, I despise their lousy iTunes software and their attempt to inhibit others like MM from making the whole experience better for their customers
Kos

Post by Kos »

Chaz wrote:Kos - I hope you meant to say "...no good news yet" :D

I have faith in MM's developers and wish to say f*%k Apple because while I gladly bought their outstanding device, I despise their lousy iTunes software and their attempt to inhibit others like MM from making the whole experience better for their customers

YES :D
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

And I dont want to sound negative. But by the time MM come up with a solution and figures out how to make it work, Apple will come up with their own update that will screw up MM work.

I'm I 2 negative , or just plain realistic?

How can you love a product so much (you have to admit it's well done) and hate them at the same time?

Here's a thaw. What would Apple do if no one would no longer update their product?
lostinthoughtnyc

Post by lostinthoughtnyc »

Been over a month since any updates...just wondering how the grind is going? I figure since I am finally able to run an untethered jailbreak my iphone on ios5, maybe MM ios5 compatibility is just around the corner....?

a gal can dream, can't he?
jiri

Post by jiri »

It seems that we are much closer to a solution, but I still can't say anything more specific...

Jiri
Kos

Post by Kos »

jiri wrote:It seems that we are much closer to a solution, but I still can't say anything more specific...

Jiri
Great news :D

iTunes is driving me nuts when transfering music to my iDevices. I miss MM so much!

/kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Kasseev

Post by Kasseev »

Well here is how I have been dealing with this fiasco: CopyTrans control center to transfer tracks and playlists to the Iphone. I still use mediamonkey 4 because no other library program can avoid choking on my 17000+ library and it isn't too much of a hassle to swap over to copytrans every once in a while when I want to update content on the phone.
azblk

Post by azblk »

jiri wrote:It seems that we are much closer to a solution, but I still can't say anything more specific...

Jiri
Best news I have heard in a long time

Post by Guest »

Hi Jiri,
That update would have been more than enough if posted to the iOS5/MediaMonkey compatibility thread. Any communication would be welcome, and even a seemingly simple comment is more than enough to let users know that you are working on the problem.

Just a thought from a business stand point. As a past developer, I realize that updating the masses isn't the fun part of the development process :-)

D
moiss

Post by moiss »

Lowlander wrote:
... The developers have no documentation to go on and don't know what obfuscation methods Apple used in iOS5 to make third party access as difficult as possible. It might seem that progress is 95%, but the last connection to iOS5 could end up taking 50% of the development time. There is just no telling when it's done. It's a sad reality that Apple doesn't want you to stray of their territory and it takes hard work from dedicated developers to make that possible for you.
well it's not hard to comprehend this. but what about this:
http://www.copytrans.de/
http://www.copytrans.de/copytransmanager.php
I can only see, this copytrans-machine has no problems with iOS communication (well, copytrans is't a database, but has this relevance?).
azblk

Post by azblk »

Any news?
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

^I'd like to know this too, since it almost February and iOS 5 has been out for some time.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.