HTC View -Syncing; Folders/ Album Art/ Transferring From WMP

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MKeeper

HTC View -Syncing; Folders/ Album Art/ Transferring From WMP

Post by MKeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 am

Hello -

I am having a fit trying to sync music to a couple of new HTC Views. I rip my CDs in Flac - then convert on the fly for various mp3 players. Last night I transferred some files to one of the Views and an odd thing happened - cover art showed up for only some of the CDs. I have since figured out that the cover art will show for only those CDs that I directly ripped with Media Monkey, but not for those that I transferred from my Windows Media Player folder. If someone has an idea of how to correct this, this would really help as there are some CDs in that folder that I no longer have, and I am trying to avoid hours of re-ripping the ones that I have. That was problem 1.

Problem 2 - I am using two Views - and as far as I can tell - all settings are the same; I just opened them both yesterday. But for some reason, when I sync CDs to one, a folder for that particular CD is created in the Music folder on the View. That's great, and is exactly what I want. But for the second View, the CDs transfer as a bunch of music files into the root folder. This is messy and will be exceedingly time consuming to create folders for each of two hundred or so CD's I want to put on this tablet. I figure this is a settings problem somewhere, but I have not been able to figure it out.

Problem 3 - I do not want to have to convert my files every time I want to sync. I know there is a feature that allows a copy of the converted file to appear in the library. Is there any way, when I want to sync to an mp3 player in the future, that I can isolate only the mp3 files in my music library to be synced and do a batch sync, as opposed to highlighting each mp3 file and transferring them one by one?

Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct sub-forum

BKKKPewsey

Re: HTC View -Syncing; Folders/ Album Art/ Transferring From

Post by BKKKPewsey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:42 am

1. Windows Media Player stores it's cover are as system and hidden files - usually folder.jpg and various albumArt files.
    You need to change the file attribute of the folder.jpg file to a normal, unhidden file so MM can see it.
  2. No idea
  3. Just create a new collection with the search criteria as extension=mp3
:)
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege

MKeeper

Post by MKeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks -

Re:

1 - The album art shows up after the scan from WMP to MM. That is not that problem. When I then try to sync the same album to my HTC View, the album art does not appear nor do the files go into respective folders. I just get a bunch of music files on the root folder. I have never seen this before. Usually, it if appears in the MM library, it appears on my device.

3. I do not know how to create a new collection. I went to the search field and typed in "extension=mp3" not spaces - and nothing happened.

I am not very familiar with MM jargon, yet,

BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Tools/Options/Media Tree
Select NEW
Name the collection eg MP3s
Click on add search criteria
Property List - scroll down to you find extension - select it
Condition equals
Values - select mp3
Hit OK Job done
That collection will now only show the mp3's in your library :)

MKeeper

Post by MKeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks again for your help - But I do not see anything that says Media Tree

Tools - Options I get

General - file types, hotkeys, confirmations, party mode, network, performance
Player - auto dj, volume leveling - then plug in options
Podcasts-
Library - tags, file manager, auto-organize, virtual CD, appearance, filters, search (looked for media tree here too)
CD/DVD Devices
Portable/Audio Devices
Skin

MKeeper

Post by MKeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I seemed to have just found something - messing around with the toolbar up top - two separate listings of a cd. I am going to play around with this. Thanks again.

BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:42 pm

MKeeper wrote:Library - tags, file manager, auto-organize, virtual CD, appearance, filters, search (looked for media tree here too)
That is a GOLD feature so I assume you haven't got that :-? It is in the Library section

MKeeper

Post by MKeeper » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Ok - thanks - I am able to isolate the mp3s from the FLACs by clicking some icon on top, then searching for mp3. Still, my files will not transfer in folders - just a bunch of random files. They do organize on the tablet - and there is a software that automatically updates/corrects the cover art. This is good, as I am cutting and pasting it from Amazon.com.

I was trying to create folders because I am giving three of these as a gift, and it would make it easier for the recipients to find the files on their computer, but I simply do not have time to create all of these folders and get these in the mail tomorrow, so..... they are going to have to make due with a few thousand music files. I do not know why I cannot get folders - and the ability to do so seems to come and go. Now the tablet that was creating folders, is not any longer. It has to be some sort of setting, but I am new to Android, and have basic knowledge of how to use MM, so...

I have been at this all last night and all today, and I am not even 2% done with this project. Thanks again, I need to get some sleep :)