Cannnot Synchronize Playlists Since MM 4.03 Upgrade

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

JamesClassV

Cannnot Synchronize Playlists Since MM 4.03 Upgrade

Post by JamesClassV »

Hello,
I've been using MediaMonkey for years. The 3.x platform has been bullet proof thank you! I've upgraded to MediaMonkey Gold 4.03 recently, and cannot get playlists to synchronize to my same collection of Sansa Clip mp3 players that MM 3.x used to work with.

The problem appears to be that MM 4.03 drops playlists into the Sansa Clip's \Playlist folder with an .m3u filetype instead of .pla. Apparently, Sansa Clip ignores any files within the \Playlist folder that doesn't have the .pla file type. :(

How can I save playlists in .pla format? Thanks again for a great product!

--James
dlasky039

Re: Cannnot Synchronize Playlists Since MM 4.03 Upgrade

Post by dlasky039 »

I am having the same problem and would love to find out if there is a fix. As the previous person mentioned, Media Monkey has always been seamless synching to a clip.

Post by Guest »

I just figured out a work around until we hear about a fix. Hope this works for you. I went to one of my playlists and tagged the "genre" as the playlist name. I.E. I wanted a Rolling Stones playlist so I tagged those songs with the genre "Rolling Stones" and then synched. Of course, the playlist comes up empty, but when I got to genre and press into "Rolling Stones" all of my songs are there. If you use the play all function it works like a playlist if you shuffle. The problem here is that you can't control the order of the songs as well as you can when you save a playlist. What I mean is that when you save a playlist in 3.x you can create the playlist in the exact order that you want; in genre it plays by tags (seemingly the author tag) and that's that. Hopefully you can get some milage out of this for the moment. It works for most of my playlists; won't do what I want to do for one or two though. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have a Clip and I've synced playlists numerous times since upgrade to MM4. When configuring in the Options>Playlists I have only Library Playlists checked, destination is \Playlists\ and I check Force relative path. No problem. BTW, my clip is in MTP mode.

Post by Guest »

by rrfpacker » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:50 pm

I have a Clip and I've synced playlists numerous times since upgrade to MM4. When configuring in the Options>Playlists I have only Library Playlists checked, destination is \Playlists\ and I check Force relative path. No problem. BTW, my clip is in MTP mode.
=====================================================================================================================================================

I followed every single step documented above, and the playlist being delivered to the Clip is still in .M3U format. Can you please verify that when browing your Clip from Windows explorer you can actually see .PLA files in the \Playlists folder?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I synced my Clip tonight for the first time since upgrading to 4.03 and I can confirm that my playlists are .m3u and I am not happy!! I apologize to everyone I told I was syncing just fine. I was until the last update (I assume it was the last update as I don't sync that often and everyone else is having problems).

I really hope this gets fixed.
formatc84

Post by formatc84 »

Is that link to a fix? If so how do I apply the fix? I am using a Sansa Fuze+
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it's a link to a request.
jiri

Post by jiri »

In order to let me better understand, please download http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/WMLog.exe and send me the generated log (at least its beginning where supported formats are listed).

Thanks,
Jiri
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

In order to let me better understand, please download http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/WMLog.exe and send me the generated log (at least its beginning where supported formats are listed).

Thanks,
Jiri
I would really like to help, but I don't know how to do what you are asking.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

From the "How to report a bug thread":
How to report a bug wrote:iii) For an MTP device, please generate a log of the device's internal structure using the following tool: http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/testtools/WMLog.exe
To use the tool, save it to the /Program Files/MediaMonkey directory and run it after connecting your device. It'll generate a log that is saved to C:\MMLog.txt. (if using Vista, UAC must be turned off)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thanks nohitter, I submitted tonight.
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

I'm guessing this got broke when Android devices got fixed (they were getting Sansa .PLA playlists in 4.02 instead of M3U!!)

Can MM devs make sure they don't regress the Android fix when they fix this one.. I only just for MM4 working correctly!!!