Cannnot Synchronize Playlists Since MM 4.03 Upgrade

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lrankine

Re: Cannnot Synchronize Playlists Since MM 4.03 Upgrade

Post by lrankine »

Sweet! Thanks Lowlander!
cherishsos

Post by cherishsos »

so far ,haven't got any problem .beacuse first coming here . :D
captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

Thanks to all who have experimented and escalated this issue! I only wish I had come and read this thread two hours ago...

So, until 4.04 is available, is there a previous working version or a test build one could use to sync one's device in the meantime?
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

Great news! Thanks so much.

Is there anything I should know about installing it over 4.03 -- so that I don't, say, overwrite my database or something?
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think you can safely downgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.0.2. You can backup the DB just in case: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

Ok, I've upgraded to the latest version (Beta) and my playlists still don't synch to my Cowon J3..........the playlists are there but there aren't any songs in them. I understood that this was fixed in the upcoming release and maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone help me out?
SansaMonkey

Post by SansaMonkey »

The latest Beta works perfect for me.

Did you made any changes, so that MM has to transfer the playlist again?
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

I removed all the music from my J3 and tried synching that way......no joy with the playlists. I must be doing something wrong................
nullspoon

Post by nullspoon »

I'd first like to apologize for making a shameless plug for my website.
So, my fiances has been having these issues as well and I toyed around with her Fuze and Media Monkey for about an hour last night and finally figured it out (assuming you're using 4.0.3). I wrote a blog post about it at http://bitnode.net/synchronizing-playli ... dia-monkey .
Basically you need to have your Fuze in MSC usb mode (I'm sure that MTP works as well, but MSC is way faster for transferring lots of files) and do some options tweaking.
In the device options in MM, you need to force relative paths, set your destination directory to \ , and use extended m3u (this one is super important, otherwise the player won't recognize any of the things in your playlist and it will show as empty). I explain these things a bit more in depth in my blog post in case anyone is interested.
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

Set up my Cowon J3 just as described in you blog and the playlists are still empty......although it did double the number of empty playlists I've got. :-? This is really frustrating.....I bought the J3 so I wouldn't have to mess around with Apple devices (and workarounds) any more.......and it has turned out to be more of a hassle than using my iTouch. :(
captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

I downgraded (back-graded? re-graded? regressed? reversed? reverted? reverted!) I reverted to 4.0.2, and my playlists work again! Yeah! Thank you Lowlander. Will wait to re-upgrade (regrade? unrevert? resume upgrading?) until I see that the .pla playlists have been restored. I suspect that won't be too long.
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

lrankine

Post by lrankine »

lrankine wrote:Ok, I've upgraded to the latest version (Beta) and my playlists still don't synch to my Cowon J3..........the playlists are there but there aren't any songs in them. I understood that this was fixed in the upcoming release and maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone help me out?

4.05 does not work for me........ I keep thinking I'm missing something but it seems like I've tried everything I can find on the boards here and the playlist synch still comes up empty for me. Would a complete reinstallation of MM 4.05 be in order or should I just try 4.02 and see if that has any effect?
Jamaal

Post by Jamaal »

The beta fixed the issue for me and my sansa fuze. If yours still doesn't work, try playing around with the playlist settings?