Okay all.......... with justsomeguy6575 and nohitter151`s help I have finally found out how to sync my flash drive so that my music files are in the same order they are on my computer and my car stereo will play them as I wish. I want to thank you guys for your help. It made a lot of difference!
1. Make sure your playlist is ordered as you wish. The first time I was successful in moving music files to my flash drive the way I had been instructed, I had forgotten to randomize my playlist so that they were in alphabetical order because that is how they were added to the original playlist.
2. Plug in the flash drive you are going to add music to. In MM 4.06 it will show up over in the left hand side in the Media Tree. If you don`t see Media Tree, go to View and give it a check mark.
3. Click on the flash drive and a window will appear to the right that allows you to do all sorts of stuff to the device which you are going to sync. In this case the flash drive. For my Lexar flash drive I have 3 tabs at the top of the page; Summary - Which tells you all the interesting stuff MM knows about your music device, Auto-Sync List - Which lists all the stuff MM can get to and manipulate (Music, Podcast, Playlist etc.), and finally Options - Which gives you all sorts of ways to arrange your auto-sync desires.
There are choices to be made on each tab so you can experiment any time and see what you can do. Right now though, concentrate on the flash drive.
4. On the Auto-Sync List tab, choose the Playlist option and to the right, all your playlists will show up. To clear them so you can choose what you want, uncheck the Playlist box. Check the playlist(s) you want on your flash drive.
5. Now click on the Options tab of the window that has your media storage in it. (In my case, Lexar Jump Drive)
5. Now in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52221
, justsomeguy6575 says "In the "Synchronize track to:" box I enter: <Playlist>\<Auto Number> - <Artist> - <Title>". Well, in MM 4.06 this turns out to be "Sync Music Files To:" under "Destination" on the Options tab of the Auto-Sync window for my Lexar.
6. It took me a little while to figure out MM WILL sync your music to the device you have chosen so you don`t need to put the device in your path (e.g. "E:\") . In fact, in order to only have one folder per group of music files what I did was to leave the path without any instruction except this... "<Playlist>\<Auto Number> - <Title>" and MM wrote my music files to a newly created folder (named the same as my playlist by the way.) on my flash drive, in the same order as my playlist. I figured if it scattered them all over the flash drive I would just create a folder later and put them in it. My main goal was to have them numbered as I wished.
This worked well for me. I think on longer playlists since all my files will be numbered I will just divide them up and create numbered folders to put them in based on however many in each folder I wish. Since they are already numbered per the playlist the rest is all downhill.
So if you are using a different version of MM or whatever, don`t give up. Be patient and you will succeed.
Thanks justsomeguy6575 and nohitter151. You guys rock!