Last Played

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

phibes

Last Played

Post by phibes »

I have attempted to search the forum for this issue, so if this is a duplicate issue I apologize.

Sync works perfectly for me except that the Last Played date does not sync back from my iPhone to MM. In iTunes I've set manage Music/Video to manual and disabled sync when plugged in. In the latest version of MM, I don't see any relevant options for syncing.

I've had this problem ongoing even using different computers, different iPhones and the last few versions of MM and iTunes. This makes me think that I have to be doing something wrong myself in the configuration.

I'm using MediaMonkey version 4.0.7.1511, iTunes version 11.0.2.26, iOS version 6.1.2.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.
nohitter151

Re: Last Played

Post by nohitter151 »

MM only syncs the playcounts and ratings from iPod, not the last played date.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
phibes

Post by phibes »

That explains that part then. :)

My Played # isn't updating either. Could I still have a problem?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Playcounts only update when you use "Auto-sync" (Tools > Sync device > Auto-sync). If you just send tracks to your iPod via Right-click > Send to > iPhone or use drag and drop, then MM won't keep playcounts and ratings in sync.

phibes

Post by phibes »

I am doing so. The values are not updated afterward.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

phibes wrote:I am doing so. The values are not updated afterward.
Works fine for me on my iPhone 4. Try to clear the device entirely and start again.

phibes

Post by phibes »

I will try that. Thank you for the help.
mcow

Post by mcow »

nohitter151 wrote:MM only syncs the playcounts and ratings from iPod, not the last played date.
I don't understand this. When I plug my iPod in, it gets scanned automatically on connect (per my preferences) and anything that's been played on it gets the last-played date updated in the MMW database. Are you saying that the date is not brought over as part of sync (vs. scan)?
spinorama

Post by spinorama »

I'm having the same issue. When I auto sync my Ipod to Mediamonkey the played # count isn't syncing like it should.

I have an Autoplaylist set up for '200 last played' which is sorted by played # and most recent time/date. Normally I would listen to songs on my Ipod, then a couple days later Auto sync to Mediamonkey, and those songs I listened to on my Ipod would show up on the '200 last played' playlist on Mediamonkey. Now it doesn't, it stopped updating a few days ago which seems to be caused by the played # count not updating when listening to songs on the Ipod (played # updates fine when listening directly on my computer).

It used to work perfectly until a few days ago.
natakk

Post by natakk »

i think i had the same problem months ago. then i disabled crossfade on the iphone and now all is working.
i can sync last played date, play counts and ratings as well.