Artwork missing from iPhone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Blvck

Artwork missing from iPhone

Post by Blvck »

Hi, I'm new to this board. I joined because I'm having trouble with Mediamoney and my iPhone 4s.

For some reason changes I make in iTunes such as album/artist info do not show up on my iPhone after I sync. So therefore I try to make sure everythings perfect before I upload it, recently I noticed a few mistakes I wanted to fix so I started looking for a third party program to manage and edit my music with so after doing some searching around I found out about Mediamonkey.

So I download and install with no problems, hook up my iPhone, see all my songs there and think okay cool lemme start editing, first thing I do is edit the genre on an album that was wrong so after doing that I check to see if the change took place so I go on my iPhone and check my music, go into albums and I literally see all my album art disappear in front of me, and even worse the genre change I made never even took place.

What I did noticed is that artwork is still there in the files which is great I just have no clue how to make it show now.

I've been searching for help for hours and this my last resort.

If it matters I have the manually manage music box checked and don't have ANY of music actually in iTunes so I can't just delete it and restore like I've seen some things suggest I do.

Thank you.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
Lowlander

Re: Artwork missing from iPhone

Post by Lowlander »

You should edit the files on your PC and then synchronize them with the iPhone.
Blvck

Post by Blvck »

Lowlander wrote:You should edit the files on your PC and then synchronize them with the iPhone.
I'm trying to avoid that for now since the album artwork still seems to be in the id3 tags

I'm just trying to figure out how to "trigger" them back on per say
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Blvck wrote:
Lowlander wrote:You should edit the files on your PC and then synchronize them with the iPhone.
I'm trying to avoid that for now since the album artwork still seems to be in the id3 tags

I'm just trying to figure out how to "trigger" them back on per say
It will not work. MM is not designed to edit tracks (or playlists) directly on an iPhone or iPod. You need to make the changes to tracks on the PC and then re-sync the files.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.