USB sync not working on Android 2.3.6

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ghi07

USB sync not working on Android 2.3.6

Post by ghi07 »

Here’s the sequence:
1. Connect GT-I9000 to PC via USB cable.
2. Checkmark the playlist to sync
3. Run sync.

After the sync, inspecting the device with Windows Explorer shows the MP3 tracks referenced in the playlist appear in the Music folder, and the playlist appears in the Playlist folder. Inspecting the device through the MMW explorer shows the same thing.

After removing the USB cable I open MMA, go to playlists and the playlist is NOT there. I can navigate to the tracks via album or artist and but the tracks will not play.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy GT-I9000 running Android 2.3.6. USB setting is Mass storage. MMA version is 1.0.4.0226 Pro (Beta). MMW is 4.1.0.1692 running on Windows 8.1.

USB syncing was working on an earlier release of MMW and MMA but unfortunately I can’t tell now which versions I was running at the time. (It may be many weeks or even months since I last synced.)

Cheers, Greg.
Lowlander

Re: USB sync not working on Android 2.3.6

Post by Lowlander »

Are the files in a natively (by device) supported format?
ghi07

Post by ghi07 »

All music tracks are MP3 and have synced without error on earlier releases.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case I suggest capturing the connecting of the device to the PC and the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69

Note, many users have issues with Samsung and USB sync and you may enjoy wifi sync available with MMW 4.1 and MMA.
ghi07

Post by ghi07 »

I seem to be having more success with USB syncing when I run MMW under an admin account. I'll do some more work and report back. If all else fails I'll go down the path of installing the debug software and collecting the logs.
Cheers, Greg.
ghi07

Post by ghi07 »

I'm not pursuing this any longer. Wireless syncing works well and I don't have time to do further testing of the USB sync problem.