I need to set up my GS4 so I syncs back ratings

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

asinclado

I need to set up my GS4 so I syncs back ratings

Post by asinclado »

I am running the latest beta version of MM, and also have playerpro and mediamonkey for android pro version installed on my phone. Every time I selct on my computer to to sync back ratings it tells me I do not have any synced devices. It also suggests tthat if it has been installed as WM.....pluggin device, I need to unistall it and install with a usb mass storage device pluggin.
My gs4 is always recognized as a MTP device so MM does not allow me to configure it with the mass storage device pluggin,
All my music is synced with no problem, and as a matter of fact, syncing is much faster wirelessly with the beta versions than via usb.
My media library consist of about 5000 songs, and all of them are in mp3 format.

can someone help me getting this to work. All I need is to sync back ratings to my computer. I would prefer to use the ratings in the file tag, but if that is not possible that is fine. and I would also preffer the playerpro way rather than android MM, but whichever works is good for me. Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: I need to set up my GS4 so I syncs back ratings

Post by Lowlander »

Which versions of MMW and MMA are you using?

Where on your PC are selecting sync back ratings?
asinclado

Post by asinclado »

sorry about the delay, my android version of media monkey is the pro beta version 1.0.4.0226 and my desktop version is 4.1.0.16xx. dont recall the last digits. but it is the beta version.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're doing a wifi or USB sync with MediaMonkey metadata should sync from device to PC if you have the option to Auto-sync metadata from device to PC enabled in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).

Note 1692 is the latest final release and 1693 is the new beta for 4.1.1.
asinclado

Post by asinclado »

Hi, sorry for the delay again, but im really tied up with school and work. and also thanks for taking the time taken for help ingme. I did what you sugested and it works fine now. MM syncs ratings back to my desktop. Now, the one I can;t get to work now, is syncyng playerpro ratings and playcounts. Is there a tutoial somewhere for this? thanks a million for your help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That won't work, only from MMA changes are synced back (as its a DB to DB tag sync) and it's further complicated by the fact that Player Pro doesn't write changes to the files. Have a look at: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... player+pro