Synchronizaton

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jbanks

Synchronizaton

Post by jbanks »

I have a question about synching a device. I understand the words and concept but exactly what would I be doing? I have MMW on my win 8.1 PC and will download MMA for my Samsung Tab 2. What benefit does this give me? If there is somewhere that discusses the concept could you please point me in the right direction.
Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Synchronizaton

Post by Lowlander »

Benefits are that tag changes and play counts can be synced back from MMA to MMW. You can also do a wifi sync from MMA instead of having to connect through USB.
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

Lowlander:
Thanks for your reply. The question still is (to me) what am I synching? By synching do you mean copying music files from my PC to the Tab 2? (and vice versa). Since I am new to tablets (30 years with PC's, though) I still have to grasp the absolute basics of this to get the brain cells to click. Mostly, any music that would be "on" the tablet would be via an SD card. I do have most the of the music in the "cloud" with the attendant programs but that is not my concern at the moment.
Thank you for you interest in guiding me to the light.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Syncing is the copying of files between MediaMonkey (PC) and the device. With MMA you can sync to and from device. What is being synced is setup in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

Lowlander:
Thank you. I'll download MMA and see what happens.