Have ios7 but do not want iTunes

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dswarthout

Have ios7 but do not want iTunes

Post by dswarthout »

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any threads that answer my question. Which is, why is it necessary to install iTunes to synch music from MM? I hate iTunes. IMO, it is a horrible piece of bloated software. In fact, the reason I migrated to MM was to avoid having to use iTunes to manage music on my old iPod.

So here I am many years later, having just upgraded to MM 4.1, finding out that I must install iTunes in order to use my iPhone with MM. If that is the case, I'm very disappointed with MediaMonkey.

Are there any plans to create a plug-in that will allow me to add music to my IOS7 phone? (Without iTunes)

Regards,
Dave
Lowlander

Re: Have ios7 but do not want iTunes

Post by Lowlander »

If you don't want iTunes you're best off not choosing an iOS product. You're only way around iTunes are CopyTrans Drivers which will install the necessary iTunes components, but not the full iTunes software.
dswarthout

Post by dswarthout »

Lowlander wrote:If you don't want iTunes you're best off not choosing an iOS product. You're only way around iTunes are CopyTrans Drivers which will install the necessary iTunes components, but not the full iTunes software.
Yes, I agree. The iPhone was a dumb and expensive experiment. I think it's a great telephone but I bridle every time I have to jump through Apple's hoops to do things I took for granted when I had an Android phone. For the moment I'm stuck with it.

I actually have the CopyTrans drivers installed. I must have done it when my phone was running ios6 - it seems MM worked at that point because I do have some music on the phone. So, is there a way to add some more music, maybe through an upgrade to newer versions of CopyTrans drivers?

I will not install iTunes no matter what. I'll live without music on my phone if it comes to that. Never again.

Thanks for your help...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iOS7 required a new version of iTunes so you'll likely need to update your CopyTrans Drivers.
dswarthout

Post by dswarthout »

Thanks Lowlander. I'll try that. I'm on my way to Europe tomorrow so it won't happen right away but I'll post my results at some point.
dswarthout

Post by dswarthout »

Problem solved. I downloaded the latest CopyTrans drivers, uninstalled the old and installed the new. Works like a charm. Plus, the new download does not install Quicktime, a definite plus.

I just noticed that there is another, newer version of the drivers available. I'm happy with the ones I'm using and will ignore the new ones, until, if I'm sill an iPhone owner, a new IOS is released.

Thanks for your help...