Sync to SD card?

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

telliott

Sync to SD card?

Post by telliott » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Is it possible to sync to an SD card in the slot in the front of my laptop? I tried to do this a couple of years ago and basically gave up. Now, I have a 64 gig microSD card I want to use in my tablet. The tablet doesn't connect reliably to my computer but that's partly my fault as I am running Cyanogenmod nightly builds :)

Cards plugged into the computer seem to appear to MM the same as internal hard drives, which MM will not sync to and "Send to" is not what I'm wanting to do. I would LOVE a feature that would let me set up a virtual devise anywhere of any size and sync to it.

Thanks.Tim

Lowlander

Re: Sync to SD card?

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:19 pm

I'd suggest doing wifi sync from MMA on the device in that case. For me it works wonders as USB sync is unreliable.

d_USBMass1.dll can be configured to sync to any drive letter.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

jjfnk

Post by jjfnk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Lowlander, I am heeding your advice and only syncing via wifi. I, too, think USB syncing is not ready for prime time although maybe faster, at least on the initial download.

Thanks for your expertise and devotion to this board.

JJF

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:54 pm

USB syncing should be a lot faster, however it seems to be causing lots of issues for many. Especially Samsung devices seem to have poor device drivers in Windows.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)