Syncing playlists into separate folders

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

scodymartin

Syncing playlists into separate folders

Post by scodymartin »

Hi all,

My phone doesn't feature the ability to use playlists. It does however allow me to only play songs in a certain folder.

What I'd like to do is set my playlists to auto-sync, but have the files organized by which playlist they're in. So all the files for Playlist A would go in the directory "/Music/Playlist A" and all the files for Playlist B would go in the directory "/Music/Playlist B", etc.

I've found the File Locations options under my device, but I don't see a way to organize by playlist.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Syncing playlists into separate folders

Post by Lowlander »

dalarath

Re: Syncing playlists into separate folders

Post by dalarath »

Hi, I'm interested in this feature but, Is there any other way to do this? In my case, tracks that belong to multiple playlists, by using <Playlist>\ it generate chaotic folder names.

e.g: track A belogs to playlist X, playlist Y and playlist Z so, when syincing it creates folder ''X, Y, Z''. And this happens to every song synced, regardless of the playlist they belong to. So in result, I get lots of different folders with large names and tracks spread all over them.

Obviously, this is not what I want. I know it's hard to implement, but is there any other way to do it???

Summarizing, I want to do what scodymartin said but the playlists need to be distinguished. I think that it's a matter of concept: track name assigned to playlist instead of playlist name assigned to tracks. You could add an option to make all that and override the default settings. Nothing is impossible but, you know, you are the experts.

In addition, the reason I need this over the already buit in, is that usually car stereos doesn't recognize playlists. So instead of playlists I use folders.

I hope you understand and consider my suggestion. Thank you.