Media Monkey misreads external SD

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Allpro

Media Monkey misreads external SD

Post by Allpro »

This happens every once and awhile with MM and my external SD card on Galaxy s5 (and previously on S4)

After awhile MM has trouble reading my SD card. It starts with MM not reading what the files are on the card, it will say 50gb, Other file type. If I reset my computer sometimes it will read the 50gb as audio files, but MM doesn't realize it was the 50gb that I have checked to sync to my device (previously synced with MM), so when I want to update or add a few files, MM wants to sync another 50gb of audio files which I don't have the room, and even if I did, I wouldn't want the same files twice on my memory card. I've changed no settings, this seems to happen every once and awhile. If I reformat my card and resync everything, things will be good for a few months.

Anyone know why this happens and how I can prevent this? I've tired different USB ports on my computer, doesn't really change anything. I'm on Windows 8 64 bit.
Lowlander

Re: Media Monkey misreads external SD

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey (MMW) and is MMA installed (and if so which version)?