Stop MM from automatically mounting USB sticks

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

murreid

Stop MM from automatically mounting USB sticks

Post by murreid »

I use a large number of USB memory sticks for various purposes. When MM is running and I insert a never seen before stick, MM mounts it and wants to sync it. Then I have to go into MM options and tell it to not sync it, and in fact, into 'portable device sync' and deselect the device. Then comes the hassle of having MM dismount it, making it invisible to my computer! (And of course I then will need to delete the MM folder off the memory stick.)

Is there some way to set MM so that it mounts a USB stick ONLY when I tell it to do so? That is, if the USB device is not already in the list in 'portable device sync' list MM does nothing to/with the USB device. (I suspect this capability would also alleviate some of the hassles with having multiple memory sticks of the same make/model/size being confused.)

Obviously it would be most user-friendly if this ability could be turned on/off by the user, so they can select the behaviour they prefer.

The reason I ask is that I prefer to have MM running at all times. Having to shut down MM so I can do some task with a USB stick is a huge hassle.

I am running MM 4.1.8.1751 on Windows 7 64bit.