Fiio X1

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Fiio X1

Postby sglancy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:41 am

I am considering purchasing a Fiio X1, but it is not in the Compatible Devices list. Is anyone successfully using MediaMonkey to sync a Fiio X1? I am especially interested in how it handles playlists and podcasts.

If there are no good reports about syncing Fiio X1, I would love to hear recommendations for a high capacity music player to replace my iPod Classic, which finally died today after many years of faithful service.
sglancy

Re: Fiio X1

Postby Jimbo Mahoney » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:20 am

Heya!

I'm in the same position - I used to have an iPod Classic and use iTunes.

Now I've made the change to X1 and MM and enjoying it. The sound quality of the X1 is much better than the Classic, which wasn't bad.

Syncing works great, although Playlists need to have some options changed to work properly - the X1 needs relative paths and is limited to 128 characters for the total path as far as I can tell.

I've created a Profile for the X1 and I'm trying to figure out how to upload it for others:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=82232#p413867

No replies yet.

Here's a link if you want to try it:

http://1drv.ms/1jtXqjP

and here are my playlist settings:

Playlist format = M3U8
Force relative paths enabled
Use unicode enabled
Use extended M3U enabled

To limit path lengths, I've used these options in the File Locations section:

$left(<Album Artist>,30)\<Year> - $left(<Album>,30)\<Track#:2> - $left(<Title>,30)
Jimbo Mahoney

Postby sglancy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Jimbo,

Thanks! That was a super helpful reply. :D

I eventually found someone to repair my iPod Classic, so at least for now the iPod lives. When it eventually dies, I'll probably get the Fiio X1 and use your profile.
sglancy

Postby myownself » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:49 am

Thanks for the profile, this worked well.
myownself

Postby DarrenM » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:02 pm

I am very new to this and am also thinking of coming over from an iPod Classic. Thank you for the profile, but I just want to make sure it will work as I hope. My biggest concern is when it comes to podcasts. If I install the profile and sync the X1, will it automatically delete old podcasts and add new ones when syncing? Also, and I know this is very basic, but do the podcasts appear separate from the music on the player? Thanks very much.
DarrenM

Postby kaunha » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

A GREAT thanks Jimbo, even two years later. I just got my Fiio yesterday, and was almost ready to forget about importing my ITunes playlist when I found this post. Worked fantastic! I have about 50 playlists, many with lots of songs, so what a life saver.
kaunha

Return to Need Help with Device Synchronization?