Auto Sync tries to copy entire library

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

robinbahia

Auto Sync tries to copy entire library

Post by robinbahia »

MMA 1.1.2.0419
MMW 4.1.9.1764

Trying to sync to Moto G 2nd gen sd card. No matter what I check in auto-sync -- device, even just a test with one album, I get the error "there isn't enough space on your device... When hit sync anyway, I can see that it is transferring the entire music folder that I point to in MMW library. I've gone through every setting with a fine tooth comb and can't find the mistake, which must be obvious.

Thanks in advance
robinbahia

Re: Auto Sync tries to copy entire library

Post by robinbahia »

Figured it out, even though just the albums i wanted were checked, you still need to fiddle with the library button... check mark vs grey box.
djangotsp

Post by djangotsp »

Hi there

Please can you elaborate on your solution? I don't see any checkbox for "library." In the "Auto Sync (--> Device)" tab, I just have two playlists selected, totaling 650MB each. I'm trying to sync to an empty 16GB SD card inside an Android device, but when I hit auto sync it says there's not enough space, and starts syncing my whole library alphabetically. I've spent half an hour trying to figure this out - feel like I'm losing my marbles!
djangotsp

Post by djangotsp »

I figured out my issue. It wasn't syncing my whole library - it was syncing all the music in the parent playlist (folder) instead of the nested playlists I had selected within it. Even though it said there were only 1.3GB of files to sync (which was the correct size of the two playlists I'd selected).

This thread explains...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=78554