SD Card Scan Very Slow

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

banderson1311

SD Card Scan Very Slow

Post by banderson1311 »

I recently bought an SD card for my HTC One M8. I am syncing using MediaMonkey Free with the latest version. The first time I synced the scanning of the SD card took several minutes but that was not especially out of line with how long it's taken to scan my phone previously.

I synced about half my music and planned to sync the rest today. I have now been waiting over 10 minutes for the SD card to complete scanning with no end in sight. Are there any configuration changes or tweaks I can make to get around this? I don't think 15-20 minutes to add a new song to my phone is sustainable in the long term.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is any additional info I can provide.
Lowlander

Re: SD Card Scan Very Slow

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and is MMA installed (and if so which version) on the device?
banderson1311

Post by banderson1311 »

No MMA installed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture the connecting of the device and subsequent scanning in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
Peke

Post by Peke »

The main reason for Slow scan is that when MMA is not installed then MMW needs to re read all files and their tags per access in order to check for updates and when MMA is installed changes are tracked in MMA background so MMW only need to read MMA database on access.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
banderson1311

Post by banderson1311 »

Peke wrote:The main reason for Slow scan is that when MMA is not installed then MMW needs to re read all files and their tags per access in order to check for updates and when MMA is installed changes are tracked in MMA background so MMW only need to read MMA database on access.
Thanks. I'll try installing and see how that goes.
mermarte

Post by mermarte »

Sorry I'm a new user and I have same problem.
I'm using free Media Monkey version (1.3.7) on ma android 6.0.1 phone (waiting to check that everything works before upgrade to payed version).
I have a big amount of mp3 (~50G) on my SD card and scan is still running since yesterday (it seems scan speed is 0.5 song/sec).
Reading your upper posts it seems a problem of MMA. But I don't understand what you mean with "install MMA" (in fact I don't even know what is MMA). In payed version there is an advanced Media Monkey Addon. Is this MMA?. Can I try it before buying?
Many thanks for you help....
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MMA 1.x do not use on scanner, but we depend on Events from Google Media Scanner. Can you please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs -> Write LOG ID here before you tap on OK.

We will analyze why it is so slow.

Post you resurrected is 4 years old and many many things changed from that version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts