Help with SD card sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

yagerdjd

Help with SD card sync

Post by yagerdjd »

I'm using Mediamonkey 4.1.10, and I'm trying to make the switch from iTunes. I also have an Android phone that I wish to sync with, but I don't think I am having a problem on that end. In my old setup, I had my iTunes library on an SD card. Whenever I added files to my iTunes library folder, they would sync to iTunes and I would be done. How do I get something comparable to work here? The biggest problem that I have right now, is that some subset of my files are being duplicated every time that I sync my library with my SD card. What settings should I have in order to have my library on an SD card and sync with my library so that I can add new files to the SD card? Or is there something else I should do in order to add new files, i.e. through the MediaMonkey interface.
Lowlander

Re: Help with SD card sync

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey won't be able to match files on the device to files on your PC (unless it synced them to the device). So this means you need to start fresh for proper syncing to work. You also want to consider using MediaMonkey for Android on your device as sync is enhanced when syncing between the App and MediaMonkey. Furthermore make sure you're on the latest releases of both (if using both).
yagerdjd

Post by yagerdjd »

I don't think I understand. I keep all of my music on an external device. I want the MediaMonkey library to show all files that are on this device. Currently, I have this working but the files are on the external device in the "iTunes format". So the files are in an iTunes\iTunes Media\Artist\Album\Track.mp3 format. I tried to set up MediaMonkey to rescan the external device every time I open MediaMonkey, but whenever it scans, many of the external device files are duplicated on the same device. Since my library takes up over half of the space on the device, it gets cut off once it is filled. I saw somewhere that the iTunes structure might be causing this duplication. I've tried using the Auto-Organize feature in MediaMonkey, but it also causes problems. Does it duplicate everything first in a new location/structure and THEN delete the old files? In that case, it might be running into the same problem since my library takes up over half of my space. I'll try organizing on another device if I can. Does anyone have any suggestions/ dealt with anything similar?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iTunes structure doesn't trip up MediaMonkey. Did MediaMonkey sync the files to this external device? If it didn't then as I said that's the problem.