MM confused by clocks going forward

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

frankenpod

MM confused by clocks going forward

Post by frankenpod »

Just tried to update my player's library, and MM is insisting on removing and resynching the entire 300Gb or so of content, when only a few files have changed/are new.

I'm sure this is the same problem that occurs with robocopy, due to the change to BST, i.e. the clock going forward. As the player is formatted in fat32 and the PC is running Windows 10, my understanding is there's a glitch that occurs when moving files between them if the clock has just gone forward/back, to do with how the different disk formats handle it. In Robocopy I think I found there's a switch you can use to tell it to ignore one-hour time-stamp differences. If, as I suspect, MM is doing the same thing, is there a way round this?

Unfortunately it now looks as if I'm stuck with leaving it to run at almost 24 hours to remove and resynch everything for no good reason. Which is annoying!

Edit - unless this is just coincidence and there's some other reason this is happening (its not impossible I've changed the file-location format since I last synced this player, I guess)

Edit again - hmmm, it only removed a few Gb then started resyncing. Still don't understand why it did that though, or why it took so long to do it.
frankenpod

Re: MM confused by clocks going forward

Post by frankenpod »

Well there's definitely something odd going on. Synced several ipods, and on every one it removed and resynced several Gb of tracks for no obvious reason (e.g. all my audio books, that haven't changed for ages). Took quite a long time. I can only suspect it has something to do with the clocks going forward, as robocopy has a problem with that when copying to fat32 partitions unless you specifically tell it to ignore 1-hour differences. But I don't know why it didn't redo the whole lot, just a few Gbs with no obvious logic to it.