iPhone iOS 10 not recognized in MMW [#13677]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Luddite

Re: iPhone iOS 10 [#13526] [#13520]

Post by Luddite »

Luddite wrote:
vb1953 wrote:Downloaded the latest RC after updating to iOS 10.1

Loading music is working again!
Can confirm, this worked for me as well. Even fixed a minor bug where ringtones would disappear after syncing in MediaMonkey then syncing in iTunes.
I spoke a bit too soon.

When I downloaded and ran the latest bits, I added some new songs to one playlist and removed some from another. I ran the sync and everything looked like it ran fine, and my ringtones were still there.

Later, when I went to play music, I found that the songs I had added did not actually sync. The songs I removed were still listed in the playlist, however when I tried to play them it indicated they were missing so they did get deleted but the device DB did not update properly.

So I just deleted all the music off my iPhone, then re-synced. This time all songs and playlists synced as expected. I then plugged in to iTunes, and saw that my ringtones were there. But for whatever reason, after doing a sync the tones were gone from the device. I put them back and they stayed.

Tinkering, it seems that if I do a sync with MM, then use iTunes, the ringtones disappear. Not a huge deal if you know it will happen, but annoying none the less. Not sure if MM is somehow changing a flag on the ringtones or what...
proud_wolf

Re: iPhone iOS 10

Post by proud_wolf »

HI Ludek,
Ludek wrote:I wonder how they losted ratings, in MMW library? AFAIK it is no longer possible to see the star rating in the iOS10 Music app.
the rating was lost IN MMW not iPhone/iTunes (I'm aware the iOS yet no longer :) supports star-rating in in-built player). I'm no longer using iTunes for downloaded music/iphone synchronization (only downloading purchased/subscribed items), thus I don't care about iTunes ratings
Ludek wrote:I wonder why only some of the tracks. Are the tracks somehow different? Is it consistently reproducible for these tracks?
I have manually updated 'Play Count' and 'Played Date' for these files and they have dissappeared from the AutoPlayList. I'll recheck them a but later (tomorrow)
Ludek wrote:Probably the video has some parameters (resolution, framerate) that the iPhone does not support
Possibly, but as I'm not used to watch video clips on iPhone so I'd don't pay much attention to this point. I have faced this point and thus mentioned it
Thanks man. I'm aware that these tags ('Loved' and 'Star Ratings') are stored separately. If this would be possible to add in MMW - that's would be great

one more point (pretty similar to one mentioned by Luddite):
i have one playlist that I'm using on daily basis: all not played/not rated music... On the weekend I was going to add one more playlist to be synched with iPhone. Both playlists (according to MMW should be about 10K songs in total). But when I have started to synch - MMW started to copy tracks that ARE not listed in both playlists. I'll try to do more testing next few days - and update with what i have noticed
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for the update.

The Ringtones issue is tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13526 and I am looking into a fix.

EDIT: Fixed in 1811
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

I downloaded version 1810. The iPhone still does not appear on the tree. Thus, i can not synchronize it. However, it no longer crashes MMW when I unplug the phone. So I guess we're making some progress. The downside is that it no longer generates an error, so I can't use the debug version to send the error data back to you.
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

Hi
I'm still having problems with IOS 10.0.1 and MMW. I downloaded and installed 1810 and the iPhone still does not appear in the MMW media tree. However, it no longer crashes MMW when I disconnect the phone. I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing as it no longer generates an error in the debug version that I'm running, so I can not forward data regarding the problem.

I also reset the iPhone's location and privacy settings, opened MMW version 1810 debug version and plugged the Iphone in. I did not get the trust this computer dialogue. It did open iTunes and which asked the trust question. I don't have iTunes setup to automatically sync when the phone is connected, so I did not expect this. I repeated the reset and tried again with the same result.

So whatever changes you made in version 1810 did stop the phone from crashing MMW, but hasn't fixed the phone recognition problem and cannot synch.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you please try MMW 4.1.14.1811 when it gets released we added additional improvements.

See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13520 and http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13526

ITunes most likely starts as iPhone is not authorized previously on that PC. Unfortunately only iTunes can authorize the iPhone.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, the updated build has been posted.

-Rusty
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

@crzkat
if you accept the "Trust this computer" prompt on the device and run iTunes, is the device seen by iTunes or not?
Note that you must accept the prompt and be able to see the device in iTunes otherwise it won't be recognized by MM.
If it is seen by iTunes and not by MMW then please generate debug log using step 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
I should see what is going wrong in the log. Just be sure that you use _debug_ build of 4.1.14.1811 : http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _Debug.exe

Thanks!
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

Ludek wrote:@crzkat
if you accept the "Trust this computer" prompt on the device and run iTunes, is the device seen by iTunes or not?
Note that you must accept the prompt and be able to see the device in iTunes otherwise it won't be recognized by MM.
If it is seen by iTunes and not by MMW then please generate debug log using step 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
I should see what is going wrong in the log. Just be sure that you use _debug_ build of 4.1.14.1811 : http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _Debug.exe

Thanks!
Hi Ludek
I dled and installed the debug version of 1811. I opened MMW, connected the iPhone and it did not appear. J then dled dbgview and installed it. To be safe I restarted the computer. I also reset the iphone location. Then I opened MMW, and plugged in the iPhone. I did not get the Trust message on screen, but on checking the phone I could see the message. I pressed trust this computer. Merely plugging in the phone opened iTunes, which doesn't usually happen, and itunes put up the trust message. I clicked the trust the computer link on screen. Since I had already trusted the computer, it just went to the iTunes screen. The phone was visible in iTunes, which I then closed, and returned to MMW. The phone was not appearing, i tried refreshing the screen (F5) but it made no difference. I have sent a copy of the dbgview log via helpdesk.

Thanks for your help
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, I've analyzed the log and replied via the eSupport ticket (VMN-749-70978)
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

Ludek wrote:Thanks, I've analyzed the log and replied via the eSupport ticket (VMN-749-70978)
Thank you! I have sent the requested info, via ticket # YYZ-910-26243
crzkat

Post by crzkat »

crzkat wrote:
Ludek wrote:Thanks, I've analyzed the log and replied via the eSupport ticket (VMN-749-70978)
Thank you! I have sent the requested info, via ticket # YYZ-910-26243
Hi Ludek,

Removing the iTunesMobileDevice.dll solved it. My Phone is happily synching on MMW.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, thanks for confirmation!

Info for the others experiencing the same issue:

Crzkat has both 32-bit and 64-bit Apple's DLLs, the 32-bit were old located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\iTunesMobileDevice.dll

There is only 64-bit version of the newest iTunes available for 64b Windows, so to fix just remove the 32b version of the DLL(s)
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

It seems that the possibility to rate songs on the iPhone has completely disappeared in iOS 10.
Really, how annoying.
I'm wondering if this is not a good moment for Ventis to finally develop a MM app for iOS.....?
goke313

Post by goke313 »

Mediamonkey does not recognize my iphone....not able to sync

Mediamonkey 4.1.14.1811
iOS 10.0.2
iTunes 12.5.1.21
Windows 7 pro 64-bit