Possibly a stupid question about SD cards and Audi MMI

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mrchips

Possibly a stupid question about SD cards and Audi MMI

Post by mrchips »

Fairly new to MM so apologies if this is a bit dum...

I have a few options to play music through my Audi MMI:

1: iPhone via Bluetooth
2: iPod via 30pin cable
3: SD card directly into SD slot on MMI

Options 1&2 both work fine (updating playcount/skip # etc.) but don't display album artwork. 1, because Bluetooth doesn't support transfer of album art and 2 because the 30pin cable I have isn't the most advanced version available (and I'm reluctant to give Audi another £50 for the current 30pin version that will work).

So I'm left with option 3 - SD card.
This does display album art (great) and I can have a large enough card for a good bit of my collection (30GB). However the problem is the Audi MMI player doesn't seem to be able to write to the tag and update the playcount/skip# for each track. Therefore when I sync the SD card to MMW none of Autoratings are getting updated.

Any ideas for a fix on the SD card method? Do I need to configure the card differently or is this just something the MMI is never going to be able to do?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: Possibly a stupid question about SD cards and Audi MMI

Post by Lowlander »

Play History isn't a tag, this is something a database keeps track of. Thus this is only supported with Apple devices (using Apples database on device) or Android devices running the MediaMonkey for Android App (the App keeps track of it in its database).
mrchips

Post by mrchips »

Thanks Lowlander, figured that would be the case. I'd assumed the play count was in the tag and that the Audi MMI couldn't write to tags but the database explanation makes more sense.
Will have to stick with iPhone/iPod and sacrifice the album art.
Pcnucmed

Post by Pcnucmed »

Can I use a Bluetooth SD card and stream through my iPhone. I doubt this would work, just a thought...