iPod Touch vs. iPod Classic Synchronization issues

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rmorman

iPod Touch vs. iPod Classic Synchronization issues

Post by rmorman »

Good Morning!
I have an 80GB iPod Classic with version 1.1.2 PC on it and an 8GB iPod Touch with version 2.2.1 (5H11) on it. I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 7 version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. I'm also running Media Monkey 4.1.14.1813 (MediaMonkey Gold Lifetime). Hopefully that lays a good foundation for what I'm about to ask. I also have MM set to "manual Sync."

My iPod classic syncs just fine 99% of the time in MM. I'm not having any problems there. I recently inherited the iPod Touch as a backup I can leave in the car. When I connect it to my laptop, the laptop/iPod beep and the battery charge indicator comes up on the iPod. However, MM does not recognize anything being hooked up like it does with my iPod Classic. If I then open iTunes (version 12.4.1.6) the iPod Touch shows up in there like I imagine it is supposed to. However, I don't want to use iTunes to sync with the Touch. If I use iTunes to "Restore iPod," then I can connect to the Touch to sync songs/podcasts. However, it is just for that initial synchronization. Then Media Monkey goes back to "ignoring" the Touch while iTunes still recognizes it.

Are there any settings I can change to fix this? I REALLY don't want to "restore" my Touch each time I want to add/remove music/podcasts. Don't know if it matters, but my Classic syncs MUCH faster than my Touch. It that due to the difference in storage capacity???

Any help is much appreciated!

Russ
Lowlander

Re: iPod Touch vs. iPod Classic Synchronization issues

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of iOS on the device?

There is no setting that would cause this, something is going wrong during sync. It likely is best to capture a sync (after restore in iTunes) in a debug log (step 4b) and then capture the next connection (where it isn't recognized) in a second log. Then attach both to a support ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
rmorman

Post by rmorman »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of iOS on the device?
8GB iPod Touch with version 2.2.1 (5H11)
Lowlander wrote:There is no setting that would cause this, something is going wrong during sync. It likely is best to capture a sync (after restore in iTunes) in a debug log (step 4b) and then capture the next connection (where it isn't recognized) in a second log. Then attach both to a support ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
I'll try that. If I have any questions, I'll be in touch.
rmorman

Post by rmorman »

Lowlander wrote:It likely is best to capture a sync (after restore in iTunes) in a debug log (step 4b) and then capture the next connection (where it isn't recognized) in a second log. Then attach both to a support ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
Done.
Thanks!