MMW doesn't see MTU USB device though windows does

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Sidoen

MMW doesn't see MTU USB device though windows does

Post by Sidoen »

I use MMA 1.2.0.0624 on my Nexus 6 and MMW 4.1.14.1813.

I used my phone to transport my music to and from work (as I don't want to copy the music to my work computer) and while the phone works just fine at home(same version at home) it simply just doesn't show up in MMW at work.

I start MMW, plug in my phone, change the USB mode to transfer, it shows up in windows as a MTU USB device with the appropriate name but doesn't appear in MMW.

I go to [options | Portable Device Sync] and the WMDM plugin is there but it's not connected to anything.

I downloaded the USB Mass plugin (as the documentation recommends when trying to get MMW to find your device) but it also can not find the device.

I can play tracks off of the phone via Media player but that's hardly a solution here.

Is there something I have missed here?
Ludek

Re: MMW doesn't see MTU USB device though windows does

Post by Ludek »

Nexus 6 should be detected as MTP device (d_WMDM.dll).

Is it seen in Windows Explorer and by Windows Media Player?
MediaMonkey uses the same device enumerating method as Windows Media Player so once it is seen by WMP then it is seen by MM too.
Also try connecting to different USB port. Which Windows version you are running?
Peke

Re: MMW doesn't see MTU USB device though windows does

Post by Peke »

This can be resolved mostly by re installing drivers from https://developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb.html
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts