Sync with LG v20

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

camecamp

Sync with LG v20

Post by camecamp »

Hi,

I wanted to share my experience syncing with an LG V20 in case it is helpful to anyone. When I was doing WiFi sync of my rather large library (20000+ tracks), it was frequently cutting out midway, with no error message. I went into Battery Optimizations and turned off optimization for Mediamonkey and WiFi. Once I did that, the sync stopped cutting out. However, after it completed, it would report that something like half the tracks had failed to download. I would rerun the sync, and it would try to get those remaining files, and at the end, once again, half would be reported as failures. Basically I kept resyncing, every time trying to get roughly half as many files as before. I noticed that as long as I had the Display on I could see the progress bar moving along nicely and the files seemed to be downloading, but if the display timed out and then I turned it back on, suddenly the file counter would jump, as if it had skipped 20 files. Finally I went into Display and set it to never turn off. Once I did that, the remaining files all downloaded with no errors. So it seems like for sync with the LG 20, you need to turn off Battery Optimizations for WiFi and Mediamonkey, and turn off the display timeout.

I have an old Galaxy Note 4 running the same version of MMA (1.3.0.0672) which does WiFi sync flawlessly with the same desktop computer, so I don't think it is the desktop computer or my router causing trouble.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is having related issues with the V20.

regards
Cameron
Peke

Re: Sync with LG v20

Post by Peke »

{;ease apply for latest MMA beta and after it show fails just go to Menu -> About and send us debug log while writing here log id.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts