Sync from Android to PC

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

carll

Sync from Android to PC

Post by carll »

Hi
I am a new user just getting to grips with Android in general having come over from the dark (fruity) side.
I have installed MMC on the PC (version:4.1.15.1830), and the paid app onto my mobile.
The sync/transfer of songs and playlists from the PC to the mobile works well, both on USB cable and wireless.
However, if I add a song to an existing playlist using the mobile app, I cannot seem to be able to update the PC playlist when syncing again.
I have seen that there is an option to sync from mobile device back to PC, so I am guessing that this is simply user error, however some tips on the file/folder setup to get this reverse sync working would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Carl.
Lowlander

Re: Sync from Android to PC

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW go to Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync and use the Auto-Sync (--> Library) tab to enable sync from device to PC.
carllilley

Post by carllilley »

Hi
Thanks for the reply, that now works and tracks added to a playlist on the mobile are sync'd to the PC using the app.

However, if I use the USB cable, during sync'ing MM wants to create some duplicate files copying them from the mobile back to the PC.
I have tried accepting these duplicates, then deleting them, however they keep reappearing.
I can simply not accept these files for addition, the software does ask me, but why is it finding them in the first place because the software also lists them as duplicates under files to edit > duplicate titles?

Carl.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As you use USB can you please create debug log http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 and open support ticket to send it to us for analyze?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
carllilley

Post by carllilley »

Hi all
Sorry for the tardy reply.
I have now fixed the issues, I wiped all the music off the mobile, then used just wireless to sync the music back to the mobile.
This seems to have corrected the duplicates, I guess you have to use wireless or cable, but don't swap between the two. Not a problem, the truth is wireless sync'ing is brilliant and works really well.

Thanks and regards
Carl.