Question about Fiio media library after synching

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

PoseyHipster

Question about Fiio media library after synching

Post by PoseyHipster »

I have a Fiio X1 II (firmware 1.5.6) which I'm synching with MediaMonkey (WIndows) 4.1.15.1830. I have a 200 GB memory card and I'm synching quite a lot of music to the device (about 30,000 tracks, via a number of playlists which I maintain in MM). The synch is working well and I'm able to play the playlists on the Fiio.

The question that I have is about the media library on the Fiio. After I synch it, the playlists work fine if I play them through the "Browse files" section of the Fiio interface (my understanding is that this is the only way it will work) and I can see all of my music under there. Under the "Category" interface, I can't get to the music (it says something about needing to reset the media library). When I eject it after the synch, the Fiio says it is updating the media library, but it says there are 0 updates and then that display goes away. To fix this, I need to reset the media library manually and then kick off the update again. This takes a while, but afterwards I can navigate the "Category" interface fine - until the next time I synch the device. I'm just curious whether this is the same behavior everyone else is seeing - that the media library on the Fiio seems to get corrupted by the synchronization process.

Thanks for your attention and any insights you might have.