Playlist won't sync songs being converted [#14211]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Synch_H3lp

Playlist won't sync songs being converted [#14211]

Post by Synch_H3lp »

I'm having trouble synching my playlist to my Nexus 6p phone.

In Media monkey, I have various file types including mp3, m4a, wav, and flac. The media player on my phone has trouble reading the metadata on wav and flac files, so I have those types be auto-converted to mp3 (which is working fine).

However when it comes to the playlist, any of the files that are wav or flac for some reason aren't transferred to the phone. This is confusing me because the songs themselves are transferred to my phone in the MP3 format, they just don't show up on my playlist.

Does anyone have a solution?
Lowlander

Re: Playlist won't sync songs being converted

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW? I see no such issue here. Are you using MMA on the device or is the problem seen using another App?
Synch_H3lp

Post by Synch_H3lp »

I have media monkey 4.1.15.1830 with gold. And I'm not using media monkey on my phone but the Poweramp Music Player.

I think that media monkey is the cause of my issues since the songs themselves appear in Poweramp, though they are just left out of the playlist that sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've opened a bug so the developers can analyze: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14211 They may need a debug log.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Synch_H3lp wrote:I have media monkey 4.1.15.1830 with gold. And I'm not using media monkey on my phone but the Poweramp Music Player.

I think that media monkey is the cause of my issues since the songs themselves appear in Poweramp, though they are just left out of the playlist that sync.
Hi,
I've just tested with Poweramp and I cannot replicate your issue, all files (also auto-converted FLAC > MP3) are in the playlists as expected.
I suppose that your playlist settings and format looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9gmfo960m5zj ... 8.png?dl=0 ?
i.e. M3U playlists and the default settings? Or do you have a specific playlists settings?
Synch_H3lp

Post by Synch_H3lp »

Yes, my settings looked exactly like the ones you posted in your picture, except for I had the "use extended M3U" box checked also.

I just unchecked that box and re-synced my phone to my library, and the playlist appeared in full.

Thank you so much for your help.