"Easy" way to add items in MMW to Sync Device?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jimbob_sf

"Easy" way to add items in MMW to Sync Device?

Post by jimbob_sf »

Forgive me if the solution is staring me in the face, but I'd love to be able to right click on an album (artist...) in MMW and have an option to Send it to a connected device. Right now, I have to go to Tools->Options->Portable Device Sync->pick the device, and then go in and pick the content to be sync'd.

I can see an option under Tools>Sync Device, but I only ever see a greyed-out Auto-Synchronize option.
Lowlander

Re: "Easy" way to add items in MMW to Sync Device?

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and what device? Using Send To > Device should work.
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

I'm on the latest MMW 4 build. I'm not in front of my PC, but I'm wondering if I need to have the Android USB connected at the time. It just occurred to me that MMW wouldn't have any idea which of my registered devices to send to. I'll give that a try with the Android with MMA USB connected.

It would be great if I could do this without having the device connected, but the dev in me says that the "send to device" function would either have to have a pick list of enabled devices or the ability to designate a default device.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to have the device connected to have it shown as sync destination under Send To.

If you don't want to have the device connected, but sync later you can use a Playlist. Send files to the Playlist (you can have one per device) and have the Playlist selected for Auto-Sync so that it will be synced when you do connect your device (or initiate wifi sync).
ruchikarao

Post by ruchikarao »

What is MMW.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Windows.
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

Lowlander wrote:Yes, you need to have the device connected to have it shown as sync destination under Send To.

If you don't want to have the device connected, but sync later you can use a Playlist. Send files to the Playlist (you can have one per device) and have the Playlist selected for Auto-Sync so that it will be synced when you do connect your device (or initiate wifi sync).
Brilliant, simple, and makes sense! Thanks for helping bump my brain.