Editing Playlist Question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nosfera2

Editing Playlist Question

Post by nosfera2 »

HI

I have my portable mp3 player (creative) with multiple playlists on it. When I plug it in, MM recognizes it and I can find the playlist I'm looking for in the My Playlists tree, and when I click it, MM displays all the songs on it (so far so good)

My question is: if I right click a track to (hopefully) remove it from the playlist, the message pops up asking "..if I'm sure I want to remove 1 file from device My Zen?"-----I don't want to remove it from the device, just the playlist, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

While I'm at it, can I add songs by finding them on the Zen music library and just dragging them to the playlist I have displayed?

Thanks for any and all help!! ----I searched the forum for awhile before resorting to asking
nosfera2

Re: Editing Playlist Question

Post by nosfera2 »

Can someone please offer some help with this? I've managed to save the playlist as an M3U file, and I saved it in the folder i normally house all my other music in when I use the Add/Rescan option to add more music to MM. But when I go there, the playlist file isn't found for me to scan it into MM---I'm really lost and have spent tons of time on what should be a simple task

thanks again!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

nosfera2 wrote:But when I go there, the playlist file isn't found for me to scan it into MM
Have you checked in Explorer that the file exists? If so scan the folder and make sure the M3U File Type is enabled to be scanned.

Note that this only works if the Playlist points to existing files.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

(sorry for my mega delayed response---I gave up out of frustration)----that file type is checked as you indicated---still no sign of that playlist though.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you scan the Folder containing the Playlist file and the Playlist points to existing files you should see it under Playlists > Imported Playlist after scanning.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

Thanks much for your help! I think I figured it out, I just need to backtrack what I did so I can document the steps to hopefully help anyone else.

Thanks again!