MediaMonkey re-synchronises all media every time

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jamerst

MediaMonkey re-synchronises all media every time

Post by jamerst »

Every time I synchronise the SD card of my HTC 10, it removes all the library content already on my device, then recopies everything. This is really annoying because not only does it take ages, but it also wipes all the playlists on my device every time I sync.

I'd really appreciate it if this could be fixed, or if someone could tell me why it's doing this. I'm running Android 7.1.2 and MediaMonkey 4.1.17.1837.
jamerst

Re: MediaMonkey re-synchronises all media every time

Post by jamerst »

Another issue I've just realised - although it removes content it's not supposed to just fine, content that has been removed from my library isn't being removed, it's being left on my device, even when it's all been recopied, they're still there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you syncing to the card in the device or directly to the card.

You need to change the delete setting to All Media Files as otherwise only files that MediaMonkey synced and are still in the Library (but not on the sync list) will be removed.
jamerst

Post by jamerst »

I'm syncing to the card in the device.

Changing the delete setting worked for the files not being removed, but it's still trying to recopy everything.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture that in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69 This will allow the developers to look at what may be causing this for you.