Deleting song files associated with playlist on USB

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

scotdc

Deleting song files associated with playlist on USB

Post by scotdc »

Hi everyone. I've searched this forum for some answers, but I just can't seem to find it or I'm not bright enough to figure it out. Here's what I would like to do:

I have had two different iPod devices and I'm now using a USB stick to play in the car. I have no problems setting up the syncing of my playlists on my computer to the USB stick, and everyone works just beautifully.

But, when I run out of space (lossless files take up a lot) I usually delete a few playlists and add a couple of new ones. One my iPod devices, whenever I deleted a playlist I would get a popup window "Are you sure you want to delete this playlist?" to which I click OK. I would then get a second pop up window asking me if I wanted to delete the song files as well and I would click OK there. Space freed up - no problem.

Now, on the USB stick it asks me if I want to delete the playlist, but it does NOT delete the songs from the flash drive. I've tried the delete uselected library files under auto sync but that deletes everything.

Is there any way to delete those particular songs from the drive when you delete the playlist? If there is and someone could walk me slowly through it I would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Deleting song files associated with playlist on USB

Post by Lowlander »

You should let sync manage it all. This means de-selecting Playlist in the Device Profile. instead of removing them, and then doing a sync.
scotdc

Re: Deleting song files associated with playlist on USB

Post by scotdc »

Thank you Lowlander! That worked well.
I just unchecked the unwanted playlist from the auto sync device screen and did an auto sync. Removed everything.