duplicate / triplicate files on phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

denlow

duplicate / triplicate files on phone

Post by denlow »

I am at a loss. Each time I plug in my Android phone to add a new cd which I have just ripped to my desktop PC, I end up with duplicates and triplicates of all the music on the phone. What am I doing wrong? I attach the phone, select the new music I just ripped, and choose "send to" the phone. It seems to take forever and when I look at the tracks on the phone in MM for Android there are duplicates of nearly every song. Please Help!
Lowlander

Re: duplicate / triplicate files on phone

Post by Lowlander »

Are you only selecting files not yet synced to the device? Which version of MMW, MMA (if installed) and Android are you using?
denlow

Post by denlow »

In answer to your first question, yes, I only have the one newly ripped cd selected and then select "send to" the SD card on my Samsung Galaxy phone. As far as I know I have the most recent versions of Media Monkey on the desktop (Win 7), on the phone and Android. I will check when I have a chance and get the actual version #s. Thanks for your help.
denlow

Post by denlow »

Yes only selected the new cd just ripped.
Media Monkey Gold 4.1.17.1840
MM Android 1.3.0.0694
Android 6.0.1
Thanks for any help!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You use Send to instead of Sync which execute copy to device and do not check if tracks are previously synced.

The best way would be to Open support ticket http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ so that we can in detail found out errors in your settings that caused the duplicate of tracks?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts