First time user having some issues with syncing

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

First time user having some issues with syncing

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 am

Hi, I'm a new user of MediaMonkey. I've decided to use it as a replacement for iTunes+iPod, I'm syncing music to my Android device from my Win10 PC (currently testing it on an old HTC One XL running 4.2.2, but will use my current phone once I've got it all worked out).
So I've figured out the basics of creating playlists and Autoplaylists and nominating them to sync to my device, but it seems that when I remove some files from an autoplaylist (by means of changing a field entry in those files) they won't be automatically be removed from the device upon it syncing again. Is there a method to ensure that a file/(s) will automatically be removed when syncing or do I need to then manually delete those files from my device?
I want to thank the developers for a great program, as I said I'm a new user but I've found it to be a great replacement for iTunes, I just guess I'll have to delve into it more and perhaps 'unlearn' some iTunes habits that I've been using for 10+ years. I've got the pro version on my phone and like the customisation options it provides as well.

Thanks,
Deano, NSW Aus

Re: First time user having some issues with syncing

Postby Lowlander » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am

By default MediaMonkey should remove any files from the device that are no longer on the sync list, but are still in the Library.

Are you sure that the files that are no longer on 1 AutoPlaylist are no longer on the sync list at all (through another Playlist or other sync selection)? Also is the option to delete other files and playlists from the device enabled in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync)? Which version of MediaMonkey are you using.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby doney6012 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 am

Thanks Lowlander for the reply. (I'm the original poster of this thread, but didn't realise that I wasn't singed in, hence why I posted as a guest). I've been playing around with it again today, and while I've learned a lot more, I still seem to have the same issue. I've been clearing certain fields that I use for populating playlists and it seems that any files that have already synced to the phone aren't being modified (eg. even if I change an album cover or correct a song title on the desktop program then the change won't appear on the phone if the file had already been synced a previous time). I am using version 4.1.18.1853 on the PC and version 1.3.1.0732 on Android 4.2.2 currently. I'll have a look at the option you mentioned and see if that changes anything. Thanks again, Deano
doney6012

Postby Lowlander » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Changes should be made in either MMA or MMW should be synced between them on the next sync. Are you seeing this on wifi or USB sync?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby doney6012 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 am

Bonza! I've got it all worked out now. Thanks heaps Lowlander. I was syncing over USB and it is adding and removing files accordingly after changing the appropriate settings. I've even got my old Ipod syncing over MediaMonkey now, as I no longer need Itunes for it as well. I find the interface for MM to be more user-friendly than Itunes, but I had to unlearn some Itunes behaviours first to get the most out of MM. Thanks again
doney6012

Return to Need Help with Device Synchronization?