Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Postby Daboa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm

From my home PC, I've synced music and playlists to my Android. Now I'm trying to sync music and playlists from my Android to my work PC. The music is syncing, but not the playlists. In Options -> Playlists, I have "Sync playlists" checked. I have also tried including the directory where I have .m3u files on my phone in the sync operation, but that does not seem to help. I am syncing over USB (~20 GB). I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, but I would like my playlists to sync to my PC. Thanks.
Daboa

Re: Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Postby Lowlander » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Are the Playlists in MMA and did you enable to sync new playlists and files to PC in the Device Profile?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby Daboa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Lowlander wrote:Are the Playlists in MMA and did you enable to sync new playlists and files to PC in the Device Profile?

The playlists are in MMA. In the Device Profile, I have selected "Auto-Sync new files and playlists from the device to the PC."
Daboa

Postby Lowlander » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Did you check Playlists > Imported Playlists in MMW? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?
Lowlander

Postby Daboa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 am

Lowlander wrote:Did you check Playlists > Imported Playlists in MMW? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?

I checked, but I don't have "Imported Playlists". It's a USB sync.
I suppose I could just manually copy my .M3U files to the appropriate relative path as a workaround...
Daboa

Postby Lowlander » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 am

Then I suggest capturing the sync for a new (never attempted to sync back) Playlist in a debug log (step 4b) and to attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69
Lowlander

Return to Need Help with Device Synchronization?