Help - Ratings Change when sync to iphone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Jrmach

Help - Ratings Change when sync to iphone

Post by Jrmach »

When I use the Rating in media monkey with the any of the half stars it saves correctly in the library. The problem is when I transfer to the iphone the ratings change. The half star ones go up to the next rating. Example If it is rated 2.5 stars in library, when transferred to the iphone it shows as 3 stars... Is this normal or a bug?
Jrmach
yarguy

Re: Help - Ratings Change when sync to iphone

Post by yarguy »

I think iTunes (and hence the music app on iphones) doesn't accept half star ratings. And since iOs 10 the iphone seems able to only Love and Dislike not give stars.
Jrmach wrote:When I use the Rating in media monkey with the any of the half stars it saves correctly in the library. The problem is when I transfer to the iphone the ratings change. The half star ones go up to the next rating. Example If it is rated 2.5 stars in library, when transferred to the iphone it shows as 3 stars... Is this normal or a bug?
Jrmach

Post by Jrmach »

Thanks for the response. I did not explain the situation fully. This occurs in MM while my iphone is plugged in, If I Click on IPHONE Then MUSIC that is when MM shows the 2.5 star Ratings as 3 etc. etc. Unless what you are suggesting is that the iphone limitations report back to MM and round the half star ratings up.
Or
is this a bug?
Jrmach
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm fairly certain that MediaMonkey shows metadata as provided by the iPhone, thus is limited to what the iPhone supports.