missing songs in playlist on MP3 player

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

missing songs in playlist on MP3 player

Postby arthropod98 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:09 pm

hello, my name is john, and i'm new to the forum -- just upgraded to gold! :D

i'm having an issue where i create a playlist, add songs to it, but they don't show up in my MP3 player in the playlist. the songs are ON the player, but just not in the playlist.

also, they show up in MM in the playlist on the player, but it's not really IN the playlist.

i've tried renaming files to remove any "funky" characters, but that doesn't appear to really help.

right now, i've got a "halloween" playlist with 36 songs, but only 35 show up in the player in the playlist. with all the renaming and everything, the "missing" song changes, so i can't seem to find a pattern.

just wondering if anyone's experienced a similar issue??

really like MM, and this is not a huge issue, but it's mildly annoying cause i'm not sure what the problem is??

thanks . . . john.
arthropod98

Re: missing songs in playlist on MP3 player

Postby Lowlander » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Sounds like your editing a Playlist directly on the Player. This doesn't work for many devices and instead you should modify the Playlists in the MediaMonkey Library and then sync them to the device.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby arthropod98 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:54 am

thanks, lowlander, but these are playlists created through MM, and then copied over to my MP3 player. everything looks great through MM, but the actual playlist on the player is missing songs -- actually, to be more specific, it's one song for this particular playlist i'm having the issue with.

but, the funky thing is they're on the player itself, just not in the playlist. no rhyme or reason it seems with the actual song either -- all the things i've tried it's been a different song that's missing from the playlist.
arthropod98

Postby Lowlander » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:11 am

Does the Playlist on the device as seen through MediaMonkey also miss the file?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby arthropod98 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 am

that was the strange thing, it WAS listed on the device playlist through mediamonkey.

ok, so just playing around some more, and i checked the box for "extended M3U" for the playlists on the device -- that did it! 8) 8)

i don't quite get all this stuff, so i'm not exactly sure what that really means, but as long as it worked, then i'm happy!

thanks, lowlander, for the responses . . . greatly appreciated! 8)
arthropod98

Return to Need Help with Device Synchronization?