Sync from device to PC

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

luiza177

Sync from device to PC

Post by luiza177 »

I've been using MediaMonkey Gold for years, but I just switched to an Android phone. I used the Auto-sync function from the PC to convert my FLACs on-the-fly to mp3 to my phone and it worked nicely. I use the ratings tag a lot, in order to create smartplaylists on PC, but not every song in my library is rated yet.
I'm wondering if I change the rating of a song in my phone and choose to Auto-sync from the phone to my PC, will it transfer all the mp3 versions of the sync'd songs, or is there way it can just update the tag on the FLACs?
Lowlander

Re: Sync from device to PC

Post by Lowlander »

When syncing MMW to MMA any tag changes in MMA will be synced back to the MMW database from the MMA database. No files will be exchanged for this.
luiza177

Post by luiza177 »

I may be doing something wrong then. At least, syncing via Wi-fi doesn't seem to do so. That, and I seem to be having trouble syncing my OnePlus 5 via USB, the transfer always freezes.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
USB Freeze is usually caused by http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... il-to-copy

Sync Device to Phone needs to be manually enabled as it is not defaults action, I also retested with Latest MMW/MMA and sync back to PC works.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts