USB sync - song ratings not showing on MMA

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ike5795

USB sync - song ratings not showing on MMA

Post by ike5795 »

Hello everybody,

I am currently having a problem with song ratings displaying on MMA on my LG V20. I have been syncing my songs from MMW Gold to MMA Pro (latest versions for each) using a usb 3.0 micro sd card reader, then putting the sd card in my phone. When I go into MMA on my phone, all of the songs and album art will be transferred, but the song ratings do not. All the songs show up under "ratings" home screen option as Unknown. When use the USB 3.0 reader on my pc and look at the songs on the SD card in MMW the songs show that they have ratings.

I have the "metadata" sync option clicked on, and have tried re-snycing, but nothing makes the song ratings transfer to MMA.

Could anyone please help.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: USB sync - song ratings not showing on MMA

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to sync from MMW to MMA, this means with the card in the phone. This way MMW updates MMA with the relevant metadata including Rating and can it also sync any changes in MMA back to MMW.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Using card reader from MMW 4.1.20 to SD card in most cases should transfer metadata to MMA Latest Beta but as Lowlander said the best is to do initial USB sync while SDcard is in phone and transfer tracks with greater speed and afterwards incremental syncs based on feedback and our tests are better to do over WiFi.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ike5795

Post by ike5795 »

Thanks for the responses. Sorry for late reply (work schedule).

I tried connecting the phone to the pc with MMW on, but when I attempt sync, i get a message that the "process is frozen".

I have used wifi sync before, but when I use wifi sync now I run into a different problem where that album art doesn't show up when going through the "album artist" or "artist" home screen listing options.

I haven't tired using the beta versions of MMW or MMA yet.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I know what you mean, I'm always here around (work schedule).

For USB Sync problem is most likely in MTP layer read here http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... tion-fails

Such issues are high priority and most likely is already fixed in our latest releases.

You can download latest MMA beta release Google store or http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 68820&sd=d

You can download latest MMW Beta from this location http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54426&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ike5795

Post by ike5795 »

I was able to connect the phone and get it to sync without the freezing error message. MMW showed that Tags and album art was being synced, but when I checked MMA afterwards, the ratings still were not on the songs :( .

I did a wifi sync which did put the ratings on the songs, but again created the other error were the album art doesn't show (only get the greyed out mediamonkey icon) on about half of the album when you are sorting through the library through "album artists" or "Artists" home screen options (If I click on the artist folder or a song from one of the albums, the album art will show). If i could post a picture I would.

The issue with the album art started last summer after one of the updates to MMW or MMA (not sure), and that is why I tried syncing the sd card using the usb reader. I keep trying different things, but I am hoping I can figure out how to fix this problem soon.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you started fresh or kept the existing files with the Artwork problem?