Podcast syncing using phone as primary device

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MotyManUK

Podcast syncing using phone as primary device

Post by MotyManUK »

Hi, I used to have an iphone and used itunes (which I hated) but I now have a Samsung Galaxy and have downloaded the basic versions of MM on the phone and PC (tell me if I need to upgrade to get around any of my issues).
I have a particular way I would like to work with podcasts and wondered if the following was possible.
Note: I have found and imported old my podcasts into the library on my PC and "sent them" to my Galaxy and they have appeared in MM - Podcasts on my phone. Great!
I listen to podcasts on my phone rather than the PC.
1. If I dont want to keep the podcast once listened to I would like to delete it from the phone and then the next time I sync the device it would delete that podcast from the PC library including deleting from the disk.
2. I would like the phone to download any new podcasts via the subscription rather than have to go into MM on my PC every day (some podcasts are daily).
Basically I want the phone to be in charge of my podcasts rather than the PC.On the phone MM there does not seem to be anything relating to podcast subscriptions (do I need to upgrade for this?.

I am currently using a separate podcast app to download new podcast episodes but it stores them in a weird way making it difficult if not impossible for me to transfer the ones I want to keep into my MM library.

Sorry that was a long explanation but hopefully you can understand what I would like to do. Many thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Podcast syncing using phone as primary device

Post by Lowlander »

1) Not possible, this would be extremely risky as anytime MMA loose track of the files (cleaner wipes DB, SD corruption, etc.) you'd risk loosing files.

2) At the point MMA can't download Podcasts, you'll need to use MMW sand sync or a Podcast App.