Newbie - iPod classic post sync problems

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Salopia1

Newbie - iPod classic post sync problems

Post by Salopia1 »

Good morning, new Mm gold member here who is absolutely not techno minded

I have an iPod classic which is now a 512gb model, I have successfully transferred an almost 60,000 song library over to MM and subsequently had the iPod device recognised by MM and the songs seemingly transferred/downloaded onto the device (by clicking on the device tab I can see the entire library listed) but this is where the problem begins

Upon sync completion the iPod disconnects automatically and I can see from the iPod screen what unused memory is available and the total number of songs on the device but as soon as I use the click wheel to access artist/album/song options the screen reverts to the Apple logo and the device freezes/locks and the only way to make it usable is to restore via iTunes and then having to resync through MM again. Despite several restores of both iTunes and iPod I’m continuously coming up against the same problem every time I sync the library

It’s driving me nuts, ant help would be greatly appreciated but please keep it in simple terms
Salopia1

Re: Newbie - iPod classic post sync problems

Post by Salopia1 »

There is no error notification at all either before, during or after sync, I have followed MM guide to using iPod classic and MM recognises the device correctly.

All songs seemingly sync without fault with flac files converting to m4a and everything else automatically changing to mp3, upon sync completion the device dismounts automatically and the initial 512gb space is now in the region of some still remaining 70gb. As soon as I use the click wheel to select either artist/song/album the Apple logo replaces the device music menu and the device becomes locked, I then have to hold down the menu and centre of the click wheel and force a total device restore through iTunes and start the whole sync process again