Changes on iPhone Playlist no longer synced

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

JeanRobinson

Changes on iPhone Playlist no longer synced

Post by JeanRobinson »

I used to be able to add songs from my iphone to a playlist and when I synced with MM, the changes were made to my MM playlists. I would know because sometimes it would show two entries for a song in a playlist. I liked this because I was confident the change was made. I am not sure what happened but this is no longer the case. Now, I don't know if the changes are made. I will generally sync in the am am and then again in the evening and will have listened for hours so it is hard to remember what I wanted to add. That is why I like seeing the changes - even the duplicates.

Any ideas as to what might have changed in MM? iTUnes? or what setting I may have changed?

MM 4.1.20.1864
Windows 10 Pro OS build 17134.165
iPhone 11.4.1
iTunes 12.8.0.150
Lowlander

Re: Changes on iPhone Playlist no longer synced

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can only sync one-way from PC to Apple devices. There is no sync-back of either files or Playlists. This is only available for Android devices.
apd603

Re: Changes on iPhone Playlist no longer synced

Post by apd603 »

I have a similar problem, but with a twist. In reinstalling Windows 10, I forgot to make a backup of the MMW MM.DB file <C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MM.DB>, because it is not in the "Documents" folder. So upon reinstallation of MMW, I had a brand new MM.DB file and no playlists. Uggh!!

But I still have the playlists on my iPhone. I have scoured MMW help files, and MediaMonkey doesn't do synching back from an iPhone. Crud! [Note to self: don't make changes to playlists on the iPhone, because they will not be saved on MMW.]

Instead, I looked for other utilities that could retrieve the playlists from the iPhone in form that I can import into MMW. Some positive news here: CopyTrans can do this ("How to Transfer iPhone Playlists to PC"). However, the CopyTrans process is clunky because, for each playlist, it not only creates a m3u playlist file, it also makes a backup copy of all the music files with it. That is a lot of data. But MMW does import the playlist, and then the extra copies of the music files can be deleted.

There is a Playlist process using iTunes: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... other-apps
However, I need a different solution, NOT using iTunes. I ditched iTunes to begin with because my playlists were not functioning correctly. So I don't think iTunes will be able to recognize these MMW-created playlists.

Any suggestions?