iPhone 6S not recognized by MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

DMadison

iPhone 6S not recognized by MM

Post by DMadison »

iPhone 6S, iOS 11.4.1, MM 4.1.21.1875. Have been regularly using MM with this phone for 2+ yrs. MM currently does not recognize iPhone. iTunes 12.8.0.150 recognizes the iPhone like normal. Have uninstalled and reinstalled MM; no change in behavior. Very frustrated.

Unsure if related, but have been getting the access violation errors for nearly a year - annoying, but to date has not affected iPhone sync. Historically MM has often stopped recognizing the iPhone with a new iOS version, but that issue typically resolves with updating MM. No luck this time around.
Lowlander

Re: iPhone 6S not recognized by MM

Post by Lowlander »

Have you checked if it is disabled under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync?
DMadison

Post by DMadison »

It is not disabled.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture connecting the device in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69
DMadison

Post by DMadison »

Log submitted, and ticket CAI-876-40858 opened. Looking forward to a resolution of this issue - thanks.
DMadison

Post by DMadison »

Update:

Last night I uninstalled Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and Apple iPhone Portable Device via Win 8.1 Device Manager. After restart, and reconnecting the iPhone, those reinstalled themselves - as expected. I then disconnected the iPhone, started MM, and reconnected iPhone - which was recognized in MM, so I did a full sync - yay. Thought everything was good and back to normal, but then after restarting the computer, opening MM, and connecting iPhone - it is again not recognized by MM and generates an "access violation at address 00000023" error. Boooooo.

I never thought this was a driver issue, as the iPhone was always recognized by iTunes - so reinstalling the drivers was a shot in the dark. Not being able to sync MM to the iPhone for the past ~month has been a huge letdown, but at least I did successfully complete one sync last night.