Error message: "Please install iTunes in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey."

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nanite2000

Re: Error message: "Please install iTunes in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey."

Post by nanite2000 »

So, what happens if/when Apple decide to make iTunes only available from the Windows App Store?

Would we have to rely on 3rd party plugins?
Lowlander

Re: Error message: "Please install iTunes in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey."

Post by Lowlander »

That's a bridge that will have to be crossed if this happens. For now MediaMonkey and most others rely on iTunes components to communicate with Apple devices. Note that Google hasn't put this limitation on Android devices.
nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

Cool, thanks!

8)
natepeezy

Post by natepeezy »

Make sure "Itunes Helper" isn't disabled from "Startup". Press Control-Alt-Delete. Then click Task Manager. Then hit the startup tab. Then make sure "Itunes Helper" is enablled. If not enable it and restart your computer.
spacecadet

Post by spacecadet »

Hi,
I am reinstalling the correct version of itunes so that MM can work (thanks to this thread)- quick question - does iTunes HAVE to be installed on C for MM to be able to use the drivers? I'd love to put it elsewhere as I'm short of space on C and it cloggs up my system (I so Hate ITunes!)